Responsible for management of the administrative requirements for the department. These responsibilities include personnel management, training management, and project management. This position directly supervises the activities of technical personnel consisting of a mix of exempt and nonexempt employees. Responsible for interfacing R&D organizations globally and managing key projects to provide high quality and streamlined calibration, metrology and lab asset management services
- Responsible for establishing and implementing processes and procedures to manage R&D lab assets calibration, metrology and asset management services for all R&D organizations globally including Lake County, ABC, West Coast, East Coast, etc.
- Managing call center activities for handling customer calls associated with onboarding/decommissioning of assets, scheduling asset services, handling vendor onsite activities and Maximo entry/documentations
- Responsible for interfacing key customers for obtaining “voice of customer” in order to enhance service programs
- Responsible for issuing and monitoring performances of AbbVie calibration and metrology lab services. Partner with respective internal services teams for improving performances.
- Responsible for developing KPI for third party vendor service performances and partnering with PSM to improve vendor performances
- Responsible for partnering with PSM to centralize third party service contracts and PO’s in order to obtain volume discount and negotiate for best possible services with optimal costs – spend management
- Responsible for assessing feasibility and implementing viable technology platforms to achieve asset tracking & utilization, service dashboard, etc. for enhanced customer services and support spend management
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of exempt and nonexempt technical personnel. Provides leadership for the organization, and sets direction for all direct reports.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining department training curriculum for each direct report.
- Ensures that direct reports complete required training to maintain compliance with job duties and responsibilities.
- Supports the department manager in developing Key Performance Indicators for the organization, tracks data related to KPI’s, and drives improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Serves as a project manager for department initiatives and capital projects. Leads members of the organization in the development of the budget, scope, and schedule for major projects.
- College Degree or equivalent experience. Strong problem solving and analysis skills are required.
- A technical degree (Engineering or Science) is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of prior experience in area(s) of Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance,
- Facilities Management, or an equivalent Technical Field is required. Prior supervision experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced