- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Operating under the general guidance of the Section Manager, the Instrumentation Supervisor’s duties include but are not limited to: planning, organizing, staffing, training, directing and controlling the activities for Abbvie Lake County.
- Develops and accesses performance reviews, goals, and overall development. Adherence to policies, procedures and programs to produce results in accordance with the corporate objectives as well as the objectives of individual customer divisions and departments. Must understand and work successfully with customers who often have urgent and conflicting demands.
- The Instrumentation Supervisor must also determine requirements for new and replacement tools, provide training and job instruction, know safety rules, regulations, and ensure that all personal are trained on safe work practices.
- Seeks out and stays current with new techniques, equipment and materials associated with the field. Provides expert technical support to direct reports for areas of responsibility.
- Assures that all regulatory requirements are met and maintained to include FDA, GMP, OSHA, and ISO requirements, to allow manufacturing of Bio-Pharmaceutical products to market. The Instrumentation Supervisor can also be called on to be a subject matter expert during audits, or working with the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Processes (out of tolerance) OOT’s investigations, audit responses, and corrective action.
- Acts in other assigned roles such as: team leader or working on special inter divisional project teams and/or task forces, providing temporary support for departmental projects, and temporary backup for his/her manager.
- Generates reports from work order tracking application that support internal and external compliance.
- Associates Degree or the equivalent experience and/or formal post high school technical training/ certification. Bachelor’s degree is desirable. This position requires at least five years of related work experience and at least two years of experience as a group leader or leadership role.
- Strong technical expertise required so as to give direction to and gauge performance of the widely diverse technical services provided by this organization.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced