As the Innovation and Facilitation Manager within the Innovation Practice of Business Technology Solutions, you will help nurture and scale a creative, innovative culture of digital and technology strategists who are working collaboratively with internal business partners to imagine the possibilities and pursue the opportunities to make a remarkable difference in colleagues’, patients’, and customers’ lives. This position requires a strong connector and leader with a record of helping to foster and expand an innovation culture through tangible actions in a global organization with extensive IT, R&D, Manufacturing and/or Commercial operations.
- Do you love creating and leading workshops to facilitate creative problem solving, decision making, and strategic alignment among large, diverse groups?
- Do you love teaching others how to apply new skills to existing business challenges?
- Do you love using your well-honed power skills and project management strengths to influence technology leaders, their teams and business partners to create and deliver delightful, human-centered solutions, processes, products, and services?
- If so, you may be an excellent fit for this role at AbbVie! Come be a part of our mission to make a remarkable impact on patients’ and customers’ lives. This position reports to the Associate Director, Innovation with the Business Technology Solutions Division at AbbVie's global headquarters in Lake County, IL
- Bring a strategic mindset and structured approach to problem solving, driven by intellectual curiosity
- Lead the day-to-day internal customer relationships to drive the work forward by guiding clear and courageous strategic consulting to filter and focus on the most critical topics, even when the internal customer is not yet able to articulate their need.
- Create customized, kinesthetic-learning-based workshops to address unique customer needs and to enable workshop participants to collaboratively produce the desired output.
- Facilitate in person, virtual and hybrid workshops, and events with up to four hundred participants to build trust with the workshop participants while enabling them to discuss, create and build their future together, all while spurring a provocative dialogue about opportunities for impactful innovation.
- Increase engagement and impact within our established community of Innovation Ambassadors
- Enhance storytelling to communicate innovation community impact
- Motivate others to raise the bar by giving instruction on proven innovation and facilitation methodologies
- Manage our existing Innovation labs and facilities to improve daily operations
- We are intrinsically curious and not afraid to pursue innovative ideas that challenge status quo
- We value customer input and get solutions into their hands quickly to learn from their feedback
- We confidently convey what has worked well and what has not
- We possess the ideation and innovation skills needed to define the best paths forward prior to further development and investment
Required Qualifications and Expectations
- 8+ years at a design strategy consultancy or other professional services environment in an innovation role with at least 5+ years’ experience as a client-facing advisor
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- A Master's degree in a relevant field (business, design, research)
- Marketing and communications
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare experience
- Project management professional and/or experience leading successful cross-functional programs and projects
- Expertise in one or more of: strategic consulting, strategic design, or business design
- Outstanding communicator – verbally, in writing and graphically – across all levels of the organization
- Experience in creating and facilitating virtual, in-person and hybrid workshops with successful results
- Great attention to detail and ability to translate a big-picture view into clear guidance for clients as well as teams
- Strong consulting and connecting skills, including ability to integrate new perspectives into the work you lead
- A capacity to work quickly, iteratively, and collaboratively around innovation management
- Comfortable working independently and effectively in a matrixed organization
- Team and People Leadership
- Skill in building rapport and durable relationships with clients to become a trusted advisor, providing feedback, support, and mentorship across disciplines
- Effective at using influence to accomplish goals
- Empathy for our customers and our teams and the instinct to infuse this into how you lead teams and work with a variety of stakeholders
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients and customers. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced