This position is responsible for end-to-end strategy and execution of architectural solutions for multiple Enterprise Finance functions, including Tax, Global Trade Compliance, Internal Audit, Internal Controls
- Act as the principal designer for Corporate Tax, Global Trade Compliance, Internal Audit, and Internal Controls (SOX) systems, utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas.
- Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement software solutions for Tax, Global Trade Compliance, Internal Audit and Internal Controls (SOX)
- Partnering across BTS and business groups to define and implement strategic roadmaps
- Leading efforts to enhance capabilities across data (wrangling, analytics, etc), workflow management, process automation, process optimization and other capabilities
- Effectively function as a lead architect, generating new technological proposals, conducting formal technology evaluations and selection and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Partner cross-functionally with senior leadership across business and IT, as well as vendors, to ensure architecture is in line with business strategies and needs.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred. Prior experience as an Architect, including experience in design, strategy, and /or architecting of Finance applications.
- Knowledge of Domain driven Architecture, Evolutionary architecture.
- Prior experience with Power BI, Dataiku, Longview or other Tax applications, Outsystems, RPA, AWS nice to have
- Passion for bringing new ideas, platform, and technologies forward to peers and to business partners.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced