The Finance Manager for Third Party Manufacturing (TPM) will provide financial leadership, business expertise, guidance and support for the Oncology & Neurology brands. More specifically, the Finance Manager will partner closely with the broader Third Party Manufacturing, and Supply Chain teams to ensure that Imbruvica and our Neurology brands are available for our patients, all internal controls are applied appropriately, and insightful financial analysis is provided to achieve strategic and day-to-day business objectives.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Reporting & Analysis – Actuals Processes and Reporting:
- Review and approve monthly Oncology TPM Product and Project accruals, reclasses and various cost allocation journal entries, in partnership with Finance Shared Services.
- Direct ownership of monthly US Neurology TPM Product and Project accruals, reclasses and various cost allocation journal entries, in partnership with Finance Shared Services.
- Provide insight on key financial drivers on Neurology portfolio impacting US & OUS actuals.
- Deliver commentary of variances to LBE, Plan during Month-End Flash meetings.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are accounted for appropriately according to Imbruvica specific legal entity requirements.
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Plan/Update/LRP/LBE Cycles
- Coordinate, consolidate and manage the development and reporting of Actuals, Plan, Update, Latest Best Estimate (LBE) and Long-Range Plan (LRP) including product variances, project expense, and headcount.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring projects that support product manufacturing and TPM key strategies such as: expand capacity to meet projected demand, enhance security and continuity of supply and pipeline assets.
- Provide oversight for TPM-driven standards for Imbruvica and direct ownership of TPM-driven standards for Neurology brands in the US and VLOG.
- Provide insight on key financial drivers on Neurology portfolio to support US & OUS forecasting.
- Business Partnerships:
- Partner with TPM and Brand teams to influence multiple key strategic initiatives and lead special projects providing financial leadership and support.
- Partner with TPM, Brand and Pipeline teams to support launch of new Neurology assets.
- Develop strong partnership with Purchasing (PSM) to influence Terms and Conditions within our TPM Contracts, resulting in Sustainable Margin Improvement (SMI).
- Work closely with TPM to evaluate risk mitigation strategies when concerns arise in the existing Supply Chain.
- Internal Controls & Compliance:
- Ensure financial results are recorded in compliance with AbbVie financial policies (CFM’s), Sarbanes Oxley and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- In partnership with Senior Financial Analyst, lead annual Physical Inventory counts at all Imbruvica Third Party Manufacturers.
- Enforce and enhance internal controls by providing guidance and counsel to Brand teams in areas of Corporate Finance Manual (CFM) policies, divisional internal control procedures and International policies.
- Associate Director, Finance – Third Party Manufacturing
- Effectively manage matrix relationships with TPM & Brands Finance teams and Supply Chain team.
- Direct management responsibility of one Sr. Financial Analyst.
- Attract, motivate and retain top talent. Train and develop direct report to meet best in class industry/professional standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree B.S. or B.A. in Business (Business/Accounting/Finance). CPA/MBA desired.
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience. Experience in plant/cost accounting is a plus.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Ability to communicate as well as influence through relaying complex data in simple terms and driving actionable intelligence.
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems, particularly MS Excel/PowerPoint. Ops BA and SAP a plus.
- Innovative with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Individual must be self-motivated and demonstrate a high level of accountability. Able to work independently and adjust priorities as needed.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced