A professional that works with project engineers, stakeholders and other project team members to complete tasks associated with commissioning and qualification of new or modified equipment, facilities and utilities. The main objective of commissioning is to ensure the safe and orderly handover of the unit from the constructor to the owner, guaranteeing it operability in terms of performance, reliability, safety and information traceability. When executed in a planned and effective way, commissioning normally represents an essential factor for the fulfillment of schedule, costs, safety and quality requirements of the project.
• Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Examples of supporting assignments include: system maintenance, equipment or process design and development, validation of equipment, materials and processes, preparation of specifications.
• Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Provides technical service. Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned systems. Expected to recommend improvements in design, installation, start-up or execution of a project or task as well as the maintenance of a program.
• Maintains documentation, monitoring logs, Best Operating Practices (BOPs), training manuals, etc. for regulatory compliance. Assists in the implementation of long-term projects to maintain efficiency.
• Assists operations in the process of troubleshooting to determine potential impacts on production and facility systems.
• Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
• Provides limited technical assistance and information to production, engineering groups and outside consultants, contractors, and various departments within the Company.
• Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of process equipment or systems for optimal performance. Assists in the start-up of new and troubleshoots existing facilities/equipment to ensure optimal operation and performance.
• Identifies issues and implements troubleshooting techniques necessary to avoid downtime. Closely monitors systems as assigned for potential issues and/or improvements.
• Responds to requests, evaluates problems, determines causes and communicates and implements solutions in the most efficient manner.
• High School Diploma /GED is required. Technical school completion/certification preferred.
• Siemens BAS certification / experience in an HVAC capacity preferred.
• At least 5 years prior technical experience in area(s) of specialty with basic knowledge of systems described.
• Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.