The Customer Master Data Steward provides overall leadership for the AbbVie Customer master data domain by defining data standards, establishing related business rules and processes, instituting data quality metrics, and overseeing master data operations. This individual liaises with business process stakeholders across organizations and geographies to build, sustain and leverage Customer master data across the enterprise. The Customer Master Data Steward seeks constant improvement in the quality and accuracy of the Customer master data domain, ensuring uninterrupted business continuity. The Steward performs day-to-day processes, as beneficial and in alignment with the Master Data Director, other Master Data Stewards, business leaders, Global Process Leads, and site stakeholders.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves Finance Master Data issues.Ensures the STO master data setup process is operating optimally. Demonstrates with appropriate performance metrics.
- Interacts significantly with the Master Data Lead, fellow Stewards, business representatives, and ERP and cApps solution team leadership.Facilitates cross functional meetings with various stakeholders and end-users.
- Maintains tactical relationships with external solution providers.Delivers training, presentations, workshops, and group communications.
- Delivers trainings, presentations, workshops, and group communications and identifies opportunities for process improvement and implements solutions.
- Data Design – Manages the Finance Master Data domain across the enterprise, ensuring high levels of data quality, integrity, availability and privacy. Defines standards for data design, naming, data definitions and usage. Data Quality - Monitors/audits master data and remediates issues to maintain defined levels of quality. Focuses on business benefits, fosters the goal of data sustainability, and articulates the strategic significance of quality data to the organization.
- Workflow/Process – Oversees the STO master data setup process. Defines and oversees enterprise adherence with consistent master data workflow for Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) process.Data Operations – Oversees centralized master data operations organizations supporting creation and maintenance of enterprise master data elements.
- Compliance – Enforces compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies, processes and procedures and introduces new compliance documents.
- Client Relationship Management - Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with management and various stakeholders, including but not limited to ERP teams and business process owners. Change Management – Engenders organizational change across functional and geographical areas ensuring successful implementation of master data and related practices. Specifically addresses integration of new data sources from mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of operational experience with specific knowledge of Finance data, data governance, data quality, and related business processes.
- Experience in division and enterprise-level project management, running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic business understanding and vision, and the ability to translate strategy into tactical execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal, analytical, negotiation, oral and written communication skills. Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience establishing and leading an operational support organization strongly preferred; Six Sigma certification is nice to have.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced