This is a senior leadership role supporting the SVP Intercontinental with strategy, planning and the implementation of key initiatives across the Intercontinental business.
The role will serve as a key interface with the Intercontinental Commercial LBUs, Regions, and Other Functions (i.e. GMCO, GMA, GMAP and GCD organizations).
The person will take the lead on implementing the Intercontinental Governance framework and ensure defining, collating and synthesizing quality input for all Senior Executive forums, reviews, and meetings
From an implementation perspective this role will lead key projects and respective work streams of business initiatives, ensuring clarity of project scopes and plans, identifying, and facilitating the removal of ‘blockers’, identifying interdependencies between projects, assuring that projects are effectively planned, controlled, and managed to agreed time, specification and budget.
- Lead business strategy development and implementation planning
- Chair the Intercontinental Leadership team ensuring the most relevant topics are addressed and discussed within this staff meeting.
- Planning and Coordinating of the Intercontinental governance framework
- Spearhead the acceleration of key strategic projects in partnership with global (i.e. data and analytics, insight generation)
- Leadership of strategic projects across International – i.e. owner of implementation of corporate initiatives and owner of International cross-functional projects.
- For required projects/programs, ensure a standardized approach to project management at international and country basis in order to facilitate consistency and eliminate duplication of effort
- Identify critical paths and supports prioritization efforts of people involved across the various business initiatives by providing and tracking an overview of the various transformational initiatives, which require respective functional support
- Act as Project Office / Project Management for cross functional projects in International:
- Act as an ambassador for projects
- Help develop understanding of resource implications of projects
- Facilitates the clarification of roles and responsibilities between various functional areas in accordance with the operating model
- Support communication activities
- Assess local understanding of the vision and plans, provide a “pulse” and develop proposals of corrective actions as required.
- Drive the execution & implementation of specific functional project deliverables and ensure all work streams are coordinated according to overall plans and deadlines
- Report at International /regional leadership team level on projects status, progress, risks/issues, and costs; identify project resource conflicts and opportunities for optimization; challenge project plan progress; document learning and project deliverables.
- Degree in Business or Scientific discipline
- Experience of building strong relationships with the most senior leaders within an organization
- Deep project management experience
- Ability to get things done through influence
- Successful track record of change management implementation
- Experience in a regional/international environment
- Ability to drive change, regardless of ambiguity
- Able to inspire, enable and ensure execution within key stakeholders
- Dynamic, proactive, and flexible personality
- Finds innovative opportunities for collaboration and implementing change
- Collaborative, but also capable of independent decision making with the ability to identify and escalate risks when appropriate
- Pragmatic, results oriented and able to work under pressure and in a changing and flexible environment
- Analytical strength with proven ability to utilize data insights to influence strategy
- Organizational & time management skills and strong project management ability
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to travel regularly as required by the business
- Acts as owner
- Excellence Focused
- Strategic Foresight
- Business Partnership
- Change Management
- Drive Execution
- Project Management
- Capability Development
- Business Insights & Integration
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced