Connected Plant is AbbVie’s umbrella analytics program for driving advancements in the digital maturity of manufacturing and quality operations aligned with clear financial and productivity goals.
The Business System Analyst are individual contributors to the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to system projects. The position has the responsibility for the management of an application’s system development lifecycle as well as the data residing in the application. The position is responsible for interfacing between the business stakeholders such as engineers and analysts and the technical resources such as developers, data scientists and architects.
This BSA will be specifically working with our Connected Plant team to deploy a Smart Factory system that integrates data from OSI PI, POMSnet, and other systems to allow us to build statistical and machine learning models to feed analysis and displays of our manufacturing equipment such as health metrics and recommended prescriptive maintenance actions.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Analyze moderate to high complex business requests and processes that relate to technology implementation such as implementing a new application or creating a reporting dashboard.
- Define an action plan for business analysis deliverables such as requirements definition and Use Case development.
- Prepares project documentation such as such as Requirements Documents, Activity Diagrams, and Uses Cases.
- Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Consults with functional areas to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by Connected Plant. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect Connected Plant and related systems. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Performs Gap Analysis researching and analyzing business processes resulting in business optimizations. Coordinates and/or performs testing of system modifications. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools, and materials.
- Lead requirement gathering meetings with business stakeholders, performing business process modeling, and facilitating development of process flows and diagrams.
- Identifies project risks, issues, and decisions needed communicates them to the next level of management and/or project lead.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect, and results of system problems. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, workflow procedures, and data modeling. Negotiates plans, time frames and trade-offs while ensuring site/client understands the results of the project.
- Reviews and routes requested system changes and develops detailed specifications for implementation. Communicates system changes and issues to next level of management.
- Determines business objectives of assignments and contributes to the design of systems, programs, and processes to ensure Connected Plant can deliver the ROI.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years’ experience in Information Systems or related field is required.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills and have a strong customer focus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced