Responsible for providing business operations and technical system support for R&D Finance and Operations Contract Lifecycle Management System (Apttus) and corresponding business processes. Manage end-user inquiries, issues and general requests. Support and respond to key business priorities within R&D Contracting Function. Work closely with system users, internal IT groups and external third-party service providers to deliver high quality, customer-focused solutions and business operations support services. Providing technical and business support for the design and deployment of system releases and ongoing system management and maintenance (e.g. requirements drafting, UAT Testing, system data cleanup, training material creation and presentation).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the business users on a day to day basis to assist with functional, technical and business issues.
- Interface with end-users to understand evolving business requirements that drive the need for new and/or modified information systems and/or technologies.
- Utilize understanding of the intricacies of contracting and R&D operations data and the multiple systems and middleware used to move, transform and upload data for end user consumption.
- Lead template committee meetings to drive legal and business updates to create new or update existing templates for contracting activity. Including preparing various templates and forms for automation.
- Perform Salesforce.com and Apttus administration tasks as assigned.
- Analyze business processes; elicit, analyze, and document business requirements; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility and make recommendations typically seeking to leverage new or existing technology components.
- Translate requirements into use cases for new functionality and Apttus releases
- Support application training activities including creating training material, conducting training and assisting in the support of system release updates.
- Provide business direction to IT to inform design and deployment of data used to support business processes.
- Work with business users to test the built solution in preparation for deployment into production.
- A four-year college education with emphasis in computer science, engineering, telecommunications, business administration, or a related technical discipline or equivalent job experience.
- 2 years of experience preferred in: (i) providing technical direction for selection, deployment, and support of cross-functional or enterprise wide applications; (ii) Development of Business and Functional Requirements Document, complex business and technical process flows, Test Plans and Test Scripts; and (iii) Facilitating Change Control Management
- 2 years of experience preferred with Salesforce.
- Proven business operations and vendor management skills and the ability to motivate a third-party service provider to deliver world-class, innovative technical services while meeting or exceeding established project goals within a predefined operating budget.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in a cross-functional role
- Excellent project management skills along with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively interact with customers at all levels of management.
- The ability to work effectively with others and a demonstrated cultural awareness during interactions with people in multi-national settings.
- A demonstrated work ethic that emphasizes customer focus, quality and continuous improvement.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced