The Business System Analyst for Business Technology Solutions - Information Research Finance and Operations (IR FinOps) are individual contributors to the development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to system projects. The position has the responsibility for the management of IR FinOps applications and data residing in the application. The Business Systems Analyst maintain the application’s data and monitor performance and accessibility. The position will be instrumental in the development, identification and implementation of system modifications that will improve productivity within the systems.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Consults with functional areas to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect and results of system problems. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, work flow procedures, and data modeling. Negotiates plans, time frames and trade-offs while ensuring client understands the final results of the project.
- Reviews and routes requested system changes and develops detailed specifications for implementation. Communicates system changes and issues to next level of management.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation, coordinates and or performs testing of system modifications, both validated and non-validated systems. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools and materials. Involved with the IT System Owner, Business System Owner and project leads regarding planning/scheduling and resource allocation.
- Produces requirements for mainframe reports, timelines, and graphics using advanced functions of a personal computer. Creates reports from existing client databases to satisfy user requests, development of ad-hoc database reporting, data sampling, project analysis, or testing verification.
- Monitors and audits the use of the systems; executes system control practices and purchasing procedures for regulatory and compliance.
- Systems implemented must meet agreed upon projected timelines and customer expectations. The incumbent supports various mainframe, stand-alone applications, divisional interfaced systems that impact the overall business processes.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience or Master's degree in Information Systems or related field is required.
- Experience in SDLC methodology for both waterfall and Agile DevOps business requirements and user stories creation, system design, development, systems testing and user acceptance test planning and coordination, implementation, and operations of small to large-scale, business systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members representing multiple areas within the organization.
- Must be able to prepare for meetings, create Power Point presentations and other materials to help ensure expected meeting outcomes.
- Must be able to understand and document business processes and systems that support these processes.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented, with the ability to understand how these activities contribute to the overall goal and business objectives.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills, not afraid to ask questions, and can shift focus when priorities change.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Must be comfortable with creating structure in ambiguous environments.
Key Stakeholders: R&D functions that support the research and clinical development pipeline.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced