AbbVie is at the forefront of cancer research, discovering and developing the next generation of treatments to address unmet medical need for cancer patients. Our strong pipeline includes both small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches with first in class agents that target multiple pathways central to the growth and survival of both solid and hematological malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Cell/Molecular Biologist to join our growing cancer research organization. This Scientist will be part of a team dedicated to discovering and developing cancer targets in the field of cell death. Applicants should have strong laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Excellent communication and teamwork within a multi-disciplinary environment are essential.
- Independently execute biochemical assays and co-culture cellular models for interrogation of oncology biology, and perform standard biochemical, cellular, and molecular techniques
- Generate reliable and reproducible data in accordance with agreed upon timelines
- Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations
- Demonstrate skill in multiple techniques and appropriately modify protocols to suit the changing needs of assigned projects
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- Understand relevant scientific literature and utilize to propose resolutions to problems.
- Efficiently organize and present scientific data at project team meetings
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced environment under the mentorship of a supervisor
- Associate Scientist II - BS or MS in cell or molecular biology or related field with typically 3+ years of experience (BS) or typically 0+ years of experience (MS)
- Scientist I - BS or MS in cell or molecular biology or related field with typically 3+ years of experience (BS) or typically 2+ years of experience (MS)
- Experience in Oncology is a plus
- Broad and versatile technical expertise in cell/molecular biology (flow cytometry, cell culture, gene editing, 3D or co-culture systems), biochemical assays (western blot, ELISA, alphaLISA, FRET, immunoprecipitation),
- Additional cell death related techniques, tissue processing for downstream assays is a plus
- Proven track record of generating quality data and contributing to research goals
- Highly developed communication skills and keen ability to engage internal and external team members in collaborative research
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced