AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Scientist II / Scientist I, Cell Biology & Imaging
AbbVie's Genomics Research Center (GRC) is a center of excellence for genetics and genomics that supports both Discovery and Development. The GRC goal is to develop world class genetics and genomics research focused on finding the right therapeutic targets and helping AbbVie scientists better understand not only human disease biology but also the behavior and response to our drugs in clinical trials across all therapeutic areas.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Associate Scientist II / Scientist I with experience in human cell culture and microscopy or high content imaging to support GRC’s growing collaboration with AbbVie’s Ophthalmology therapeutic area. This position will be primarily laboratory-focused and will support high content imaging assay and cellular model development, CRISPR-mediated phenotypic screening, and implementation of cutting-edge technologies to assess gene function and drug mechanism of action.
Applicants should have broad laboratory research experience using cell and molecular biology techniques. Open communication and curiosity are essential. The candidate is expected to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary setting and must be able to execute multiple research projects in parallel.
- Design and execute in vitro experiments in immortalized, primary, and iPSC-derived human cell lines
- Competently and independently generate reliable and consistent results
- Develop, implement, and document new experimental protocols/techniques
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems
- Communicate and present project design and results clearly, both to individual stakeholders and in group settings
- Contribute to team presentations and publications
Position will be hired based on level of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Cell, Molecular, or Developmental Biology, or a related life sciences field.
- Associate II requires a BS with typically 3+ years of experience or MS and no experience required
- Scientist I requires a BS with typically 5+ years of experience or MS with typically 2+ years
- Proficiency in human in vitro cell culture required
- Experience with basic cell and molecular biology techniques such as cell transfection and transduction, immunofluorescence, light microscopy, PCR, qPCR
- Experience with and interest in fluorescence microscopy and image analysis is a plus
- Background in Ophthalmology or Neuroscience is a plus
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation