The Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs (RA) Communications and Change Management is responsible for the development, coordination and execution of communications and change management (people, process and technology related) activities for AbbVie's Regulatory Affairs. The Associate Director will lead change management efforts including stakeholder engagement, and impact analysis in support of business strategies.
- Leads and oversees all aspects of communications and change management strategies and activities through the identification of current and unmet needs. This includes program design, alignment, coordination, implementation and evaluation for change management and related communications initiatives.
- Partners with Subject Matter Experts across the business to design and deliver communication for organization’s needs keeping in mind the overall RA initiatives, cross-functional culture goals and strategic priorities.
- Prepare and send specific “all employee” emails/newsletters. Manage timing and appropriate flow of communications developed, including development and maintenance of the RA communication calendar.
- Supports and leads the employee advisory group including building meeting agendas, coordinating and facilitating meetings and developing the output of the meetings for consumption by leadership and team members.
- Develops, integrates and leverages detailed communication plans across multiple audiences, through the development of stakeholder analysis, integration alignment, messages, timing, media and effectiveness tracking.
- Provides Executive Communications Support to VP, RA and members of RA Leadership team, as needed. This may include: Executive presentations: slides and talking points for all meetings. Videos: script/talking point creation, production, All-Staff Meetings: strategy and logistics planning, RA Awards: communications and logistics planning. Strategic Framework: leadership alignment and messaging, Regulatory best practices sharing forum: logistics and communication
- Aids in creating and execution of a structured change management methodology to develop detailed change management plans and ensure intended results are achieved.
- Builds and optimizes various programs that support these strategies; ensures training and change management tactics are aligned with AbbVie objectives. Develops communication plans to support change initiatives; supports the design, development, delivery and management of communications. Assesses the change impact; conducts impact analyses, organizational alignment, assesses cultural readiness and stakeholders management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Integrated Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent
- 9 + years of communications, change management and/or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with knowledge of emerging communication trends and technologies
- Strong business acumen with the ability to anticipate company and team needs
- Keen awareness to cultural nuances; proven ability to work in a global environment
- Experience working in a complex and matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with and influence multi-divisional and multi-functional teams from across the globe
- Experience with development and implementation of change management strategies in support of highly complex business and technology initiatives
- Supervisory/leadership experience managing people or multiple projects
- Preferred experience in project planning and management experience including successful implementation of business initiatives with technology components
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
- Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced