The Associate Director, International Tax will join the Corporate Tax Department and play an important role within the International Tax Operations teams. The Associate Director performs a key leadership role and is responsible for the preparation and review of U.S. international income tax calculations and modelling for tax accounting, tax return, and planning purposes. The Associate Director provides leadership on complex projects such as analysis of foreign and U.S. law and regulatory changes, IRS audit support, and restructuring projects.
• Responsible for key aspects of the U.S. international income tax provision and tax return, including preparation and review of complex calculations and analysis. This includes expert knowledge of international tax law including GILTI, Subpart F, and foreign tax credit.;
• Lead and own the development of sophisticated modelling to compute the global tax consequences of legislative and regulatory developments, planning transactions and business restructurings.
• Demonstrate strong project management while leading complex initiatives involving diverse stakeholders.
• Proactively research complex tax issues and is proficient in interpreting and applying tax law, regulations, and cases to specific factual situations and transactions. Advise management on the international income tax consequences of law changes;.
• Key contributor in the review of the international components of the quarterly and annual tax provision, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Key contributor in the review of international components of the federal tax return, including GILTI, Subpart F, FTC, Forms 5471/118, and notices/disclosures.
• Ability to interface with senior management, tax team members and external tax advisors on technical topics and projects. Demonstrate effective communication skills through ability to share results with team members and senior leadership; .
• Demonstrate a global mindset; communicate and collaborate with cross-functional team members and affiliates around the world;.
• Critical role in tax audits, including performing research and drafting responses to information requests;.
• Contribute significantly to the development of new concepts, strategies, techniques, and process improvement;.
• Lead and support the development and growth of team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required;
- 5+ years of tax experience in a National Big Four Accounting Firm or a Corporate 100;
- 7-10 years related experience beyond the degree, or Masters degree plus related experience;
- Experience with U.S. International Tax highly desirable;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. CorpTax experience and advanced Excel skills preferred;
- CPA and/or MST a plus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced