- Additionally, this position has oversight over employees within the Central Consultancy Group responsible for account management, contracts and payments. The position analyzes trends, makes recommendations and implements change management plans for business and process improvements to drive best practices for managing HCP/Customer related programs. Ensures Standard Operating Procedures are created and managed. Responsible for writing and managing policy and procedures around HCP related events.
- Implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system overseeing and managing these event types: Individual Consulting, Advisory Boards & Promo Speaker Programs. This position provides guidance to internal teams as well as senior management on consulting, compliance and event management solutions and systems, and industry best practices that will maximize the business value, drive return on objectives and realize cost savings.
- Compliance Management:Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system byimplementing system enhancements, processes improvements and training, and appropriate documentation reviews and approvals. This includes oversight of annual plans, needs assessments, fair-market-value assessments, written agreements, regulatory & legal approved slide deck material reviews, invoicing, reconciliation and payments.
- Compliance Management Cont.Has oversight over employees to ensure all materials used at these type of events have been approved through the proper system with (Legal, DVP & Regulatory) reviews and that all government, Corporate and divisional guidelines are met. Results are highly visible and include potential direct interaction with the OIG and/or FDA.
- Financial Management:Responsible for reviewing and capturing program budgets (Supplier SOWs) $35 million annually works directly with purchasing and financial compliance team through review process and finance reconciliation:a)Responsible for annually training suppliers on new and updated guidelines as related to consulting types. This includes alignment with benchmark pricing around air, transportation, hotel, food and beverage, audio visual, staffing and labor.
- Supplier ManagementReviews, recommends and manages key approved suppliers and consultants related to HCP Events. This includes outsourced as well as insourced functions. Supplier types include (but are not limited to) Advisory Board logistics providers, Promo logistical providers, audio visual equipment and labor, and hotel property management.
- Supplier Management Cont.In conjunction with purchasing, negotiates individual contracts from $10,000 to $8MM to ensure quality service levels and effective cost management. Participates in key supplier reviews to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget and provide excellent value for AbbVie. Responsible for attaining cost savings through bidding and effective sourcing strategies and related metric reporting for all activities.
- Strategic Planning:Directs the internal teams on their annual plan reviews and facilitates review and approval process as governed by procedures. Ensures execution and timely completion of annual planning activities prior to year-end for the following calendar year.
- Strategic Planning Cont.Develops and recommends optimal organizational design that enables compliant, cost effective, customer-focused events that align with short and long term divisional goals and changing business priorities. Identifies business opportunities and recommends/ approves solutions.
- Communication:Oversees ongoing communications with senior management and with HCPs. Impact has potential to directly affect AbbVie’s professional relationships with healthcare professionals, the FDA and OIG.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Marketing, Communications, Business, or comparable.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP).
- Must possess at least one of the following: 5+ years healthcare industry experience; 5+ years marketing experience; 5+ years medical meeting experience.
- Proven leadership competencies to include setting vision and strategy, building teams, knowing the business, driving for results, and encouraging open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Strong, proven management experience across multiple functions including management of exempt and non-exempt personnel in fast-paced, service/team environment.
- A highly motivated change agent that drives business-focused solutions. Must be able to develop business plans and strategies to advance the offerings of CCG and enhance the consultancy process.
- Good understanding of metrics reporting and financial management skills required. Further skills in financial analysis and relational database competence a plus.
- Individual must be effective in dealing with conflict and construct win/win solutions. Must have a breadth of experience to establish and maintain credibility across functions and with senior management.
- Preferred:MBA not required, but desirable or equivalent business experience within AbbVie or a related industry.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced