The Global Market Access & Pricing: Lead market access strategies and prepare priority oncology assets for launch.
- This role will allow applicant to lead the global access strategy for high profile oncology pipeline assets, leveraging payer knowledge alongside expertise of Evidence Based Medicine to shape pivotal development programs for pre-launch compounds.
- Key responsibilities will be to create an overall price, reimbursement, and access (PRA) strategy, aligned with the overall AbbVie Oncology Strategy, with the goal of preparing AbbVie’s key assets for launch
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assess reimbursement and pricing potential for LBUs (Large Business Units) in collaboration with HTA and pricing counterparts; inform early US price potential in collaboration with US MHC Marketing counterparts
- Lead global effort to integrate payer value messages into clinical and evidence-base assessments and develop key market access deliverables in line with AbbVie’s framework and the asset playbook.
- Influence clinical development programs to ensure endpoints (i.e., clinical, economic and humanistic outcomes) are incorporated that will optimize price, reimbursement and ultimately patient access globally.
- Proactively ensure reimbursement perspective is incorporated into global market access strategy, early brand plans, portfolio strategies throughout key clinical development milestones and strategic commercial decisions.
- Generating initial global payer value propositions for new products that are aligned with the product’s total emerging value proposition and the product’s target product profile (TPP).
- Collaborating with GHEOR, Clinical Evidence & Outcomes (CE&O) team, policy, Global Marketing, Global Commercial Development, US MHC Marketing, area market access and other functions, to ensure solid understanding of global payer markets and emerging stakeholders in the reimbursement area.
- Chair the Value and Access team (VAT) for assets supported and lead affiliate TP2 process alongside counterparts in HTA division
- Manage vendors and dedicated budgets for access related research and strategy projects
- 8+ years of experience in Pricing and Market Access, ideally at a global, area of or 5LBU country level
- Education: B.A/B. S required; MBA / Masters / Pharm D / Advanced Degree preferred
- Strong clinical and disease area knowledge
- Experience in developing and managing market access strategies globally
- Knowledge of pricing policy & regulations, payer trends and overall healthcare marketplace in large business units (LBUs)
- Understanding of regulatory agency requirements and/or policies that govern market approval, impacting reimbursement decisions
- Working knowledge of health economic modeling
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly when needed
- High level of comfort making decisions with limited information available
- Constant curiosity, creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced