This role is responsible for managing the corporate external financial reporting team including the preparation, review and filing of AbbVie’s SEC documents including Form 10-K, 10-Q, and other. This role works cross-functionally with several internal stakeholders including Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Corporate FP&A, Consolidations, and Corporate Accounting. Responsibilities also include finance and accounting policy governance as well as the implementation of new U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC disclosure rules.
- Manage the preparation, review and filing of SEC documents including Form 10-K, 10-Q, and other
- Monitor U.S. GAAP and SEC developments and lead adoption of new accounting standards and disclosure rules
- Support the quarterly earnings release process
- Manage global finance and accounting policy governance
- Provide formal and informal U.S. GAAP and policy trainings to global finance and accounting employees
- Coordinate cross-functionally with Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Corporate FP&A, Consolidations, and Corporate Accounting
- Work closely with external auditors
- Lead other significant projects, which may vary based on AbbVie’s business transactions and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of 8 years of finance and accounting experience. Previous SEC reporting experience for a large global company and/or public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to evaluate technical accounting concepts
- Ability to effectively lead multiple projects and adjust priorities to achieve accurate and timely results
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to collaborate across functions
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and aptitude for continuous improvement and change
- Proficient in Workiva (or other external reporting software), HFM and Excel
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced