AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, Emerging & Established Assets
Associate Director, Emerging and Mature Assets
Reporting to the Global Marketing General Manager, this position will support both mature assets as well as emerging assets over multiple therapeutic areas inclusive, but not limited to virology, psychiatry, urology, and/or gastroenterology. It is anticipated that approximately 75% of the time will be gathering and providing insight and identifying opportunities for emerging assets that either currently have limited geographic scope and are planned for potential expansion or future global assets that are anticipated to transition to Global Marketing starting as early as 2024. Insight and commercial strategy input will be from both international markets as well as partnering with other key global functions (GCD, R&D, GMA, etc.) for pre-launch strategy development. The other 25% of the time will support mature assets with strategic and/or tactical support that typically includes managing supply challenges, assessing potential growth opportunities, and navigating challenges/opportunities in order maximize asset value.
For the emerging assets, this position will be an integral partner and active contributor with GCD to the development of the Early Brand Plan and will ultimately become part of go-to-market team in GMCO. This position will also be accountable and expected to highly collaborate, engage and in specific cases lead a cross functional team for the development and execution of specific strategies, strategic initiatives and/or tactics by gaining alignment at the Global, Area, and Country/Affiliate level. As a cross-functional partner, this position is expected to collaborate with Market Access, Medical Affairs, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Supply Chain, Health Economics and Outcome Research, GCD, R&D, Public Affairs, Medical Review, Business Intelligence, and OEC.
In addition to the above, key Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Generate international market insights that inform components of global strategic decisions, strategies, and initiatives for pre-launch assets (e.g. geo-strategies)
- Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams that create or identify commercial opportunities that advance efforts to achieve brand objectives
- Assist or lead cross-functional co-creation sessions with affiliates or other strategic partners to inform pre-launch brand planning. Lead or is an active collaborator in the development and execution of short-term tactics to drive growth or sustain sales of on-market assets (both mature or emerging)
- Engage with or actively participate internal and external stakeholders—e.g. Asset Strategy Team, members of TASC, GMCO Specialty Vice-President or Vice President, Area and Affiliate Leaders, other Cross-Functional Leads and global External Experts respectively.
- Troubleshoot various on-market challenges and identify efficient and timely solutions to maximize asset value.
- Develop marketing tools/resources and advancing them efficiently through the formal medical and regulatory approval process (as necessary).
- Manage budgets and maximizing limited resources
- Project Management
- Working with vendors and other agencies
Qualifications - External
- Minimum 5+, ideally 10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in progressive commercial leadership roles with a strong foundation in commercial operations and marketing including successful product launch and ideally sales and/or managerial roles with prior P&L responsibility.
- Proven track record across multiple disease states – ideally extensive experience in Virology and other experience in Neuro, GI Care, and/or Urology.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Global and Affiliate/Country experience required. Demonstrated ability to influence and manage a complex set of internal and external stakeholders across multiple geographies.
- Competency in the AbbVie 1-7-5 integrated brand planning model
- Competency in current medical and regulatory approval process
- Proven track record of effectively leading or working in cross-functional teams and matrix environments
- Proven track record of building strategies and initiatives for a portfolio of products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Able and willing to travel internationally (up to 30% of time)
Preferred Experience (in addition to Basic):
- MBA or advanced degree
- Actively worked in launch and/pre-launch brands
- Other relevant professional experience that complements marketing and commercial roles (e.g. Market Access)
Posting Grade Information
Job Grades are determined by the country in which the payroll is based.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation