AbbVie has built a best-in-class strategy team to help us define and achieve our long-term growth ambitions. As a business strategist, you will work closely with senior leaders to drive mission-critical initiatives that will make a real difference for AbbVie’s patients, while positioning our company for sustained top-tier growth. You will report directly the Vice President of the Corporate Strategy Group (CSG) as part of the Corporate Strategy Office (CSO).
AbbVie is an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharma company that spun out of Abbott Labs in 2013. We have the energy and ambition of a NewCo, coupled with the scale and resources of an established leader. With an industry-leading late stage portfolio and an innovative early pipeline, we are well-positioned for the future. At the same time, we recognize that strategy – and in particular, looking ahead and making the right internal and external innovation choices – is critical to our momentum and success. As a strategist, you will influence these choices to help shape AbbVie’s future and positively impact patients’ lives. You will also work alongside experienced leaders and be positioned for career growth and rotational opportunities within the company.
Core job responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional leaders across AbbVie to drive strategic initiatives that will position AbbVie to sustain long-term, top-tier growth
- Monitor, understand and prioritize external trends of relevance to the enterprise, and help determine how AbbVie should prepare and/or respond
- Provide targeted support for AbbVie’s long-range strategic planning processes, including helping leaders shape their therapeutic and disease area strategic plans
- Help communicate our strategy across AbbVie
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., medicine, sciences, MBA) preferred
- 2 or more years of experience at a top-tier strategic consulting firm, with healthcare and/or biopharma industry experience
Experiences and capabilities:
- Broad industry knowledge, including working understanding of the drug discovery, development and commercialization cycle, and basic knowledge of adjacent industries
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; ability to frame broad and ambiguous problems and tackle in a logical way; experience developing well-supported business cases
- Strong communication skills – comfortable presenting to and influencing senior leaders; able to tell clear and compelling stories, distilling essential points to enable high-quality decisions
- Collaboration – team player, can-do attitude; focused on success of working team and of AbbVie
- Cross-functional leadership – able to set goals, define clear work plans, sustain momentum, and motivate quality contributions from diverse team members
- Drive, energy, and passion to advance AbbVie’s mission
- Minimal travel (<10%).
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced