AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
MSL/Sr. MSL - New Haven, CT (Oncology)
- External expert (opinion leader) cultivation: Identifies, gains access to, and develops professional relationships with external experts in therapeutic areas of interest within assigned geography.
- Provides education relative to disease state and AbbVie products across the product lifecycle to healthcare providers and researchers.
- Serves as a medical/scientific resource to healthcare providers through answering unsolicited medical questions, and addressing other clinically related medical information issues.
- Clinical trial support: Supports research initiatives across development at the request of R&D to include but not limited to, site evaluation and identification, recruitment, investigator meetings, external expert identification, and study management.
- Project management: Works with internal Medical Affairs customers to develop and execute a territory plan designed to support and meet shared business objectives.
- Inputs and maintains internal database as it relates to activities in their geography.
- Prepares marketplace in new therapeutic areas of interest, which includes creating awareness and relationships for AbbVie in the Medical community.
- Serves as a scientific resource to commercial partners, as appropriate, to support activities
- Self-development: Develops and communicates a professional growth plan. Continually educates self on global market issues, trends, and product knowledge as it pertains to specific business responsibilities in key therapeutic areas.
- Takes responsibility for and actively manages professional development.
- Advanced degree required (i.e. Pharm D, MD/DO, PhD, PA or NP, BSN) in a relevant scientific discipline. Doctorate strongly preferred in a health science or clinical discipline. Significant industry experience in relevant therapeutic area may be accepted in lieu of education requirements.
- Greater than or equal to 2 years as a Medical Science Liaison required.
- At least 3 years of clinical, scientific research or industry related experience or equivalent required.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience within relevant scientific discipline preferred.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and translate specific territory and corporate needs in order to support both internal and external customers and achieve business and clinical objectives.
- The Senior Medical Science Liaison must be able to identify, analyze, and translate specific territory and corporate needs in order to support both internal and external customers and achieve business and clinical objectives.
- An essential requirement of your position is to meet health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
- Grade 19
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipmentKeyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation