For nearly two decades, AbbVie Immunology has led the way in developing treatment options that address some of the world’s most difficult, unmet health needs. We continually build on our clinical and in-market experience whilst developing novel solutions and breakthrough therapies in immunology for patients with difficult to treat autoimmune diseases. We have been advancing the standard of care in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) for over 10 years. With our commitment to research and development in the field, we aim to create an even brighter future for patients with disorders of the stomach and intestines.
In The Netherlands, we started the search for a Product Specialist Gastroenterology. You will work for the Netherlands with a focus on the Randstad.
Your role at AbbVie
As Product Specialist Gastroenterology your main responsibility is to coordinate and manage customer and other commercial activities for your region. You will support in maximizing the short and long term sales performance with placing the patient at the center of all efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. in order to meet or exceed on those objectives
• Create pre-call plan using SMART objectives and execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve sales performance
• Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action in order to close on every sales call
• Proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges in order to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AbbVie and customers
• Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers in order to maximize access and sales opportunities
• Continuously build understanding on customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical and sales expertise and share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team and sales manager to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution
• Differentiate AbbVie’s value proposition with health providers assigned and identify, develop and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximize brand performance
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list for several years in a row. We are proud of this!
Join us at AbbVie, where medicine, aesthetics, and science are powered by some of the brightest minds in the world.
We are a dynamic biopharmaceutical company that offers you the resources you need and a global reach that empowers your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork, passion, and a culture built on diversity and inclusion to develop scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and treatments that change millions of people’s lives around the world. In short, we know it takes you to make those groundbreaking advancements happen.
Are you looking for a relentless dedication to creating an environment where you will do your best, most innovative work? We offer that. Complex challenges that allow you to improve lives on a global scale? We offer that too. A meaningful career where your continuous learning and development are top priorities? Well, we offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie. Ready to innovate together?
What we ask
At AbbVie we are passionate about our work. As our professionals are driven in the quest to improve people's health, you will be working in a dynamic and ambitious environment. As a Product Specialist Gastroenterology you will be working in an informal atmosphere and international environment. Cooperating with others comes easily to you and you are open-minded about other cultures. Furthermore, you are focused on achieving goals, take initiative, can run several projects in parallel and can communicate fluently in Dutch and English. More specifically, we ask the following of you:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree (biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent) and experience in a similar role with a relevant network for this role
• Proven track record of success in selling and exceptional presentation skills
• Demonstrate in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitive knowledge and you are recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders
• Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities
• Proactively identify customer style / behavior and adapt quickly to all aspects of selling approach
• Understand and leverage findings to develop sales strategies. Offer innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges. Provide impact with ideas for the larger organization. Anticipate and positively respond to changes
• Operate effectively in a matrix environment, while building collaborative partnership with district colleagues and the matrix team
• Lead by example; Consistently display positive behaviors and peer coaching through changing and challenging environments. Document success in leadership and support role of increased responsibility at the district, region and/or organizational levels
• Influence others; you are viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers
Would you like further information before applying? That is quite understandable. Please send your question(s) to Barbara Razenberg, email@example.com.
We appreciate a motivation letter.
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.