The Hospital Surgical Representative (HSR) is responsible for providing sales and promotion of Allergan Medical plastic surgery products, maintaining customer base, developing new markets, and obtaining new customers.
- Meet or exceed sales targets on an ongoing basis and has the capability of selling targeted products to targeted accounts.
- Conduct excellent product in-servicing and product evaluations that lead to customer conversions.
- Prospect and develop relationships with prospective customers, converting them to Allergan customers (primary customers include the physician, materials manager and the purchasing administrator).
- Increase account penetration with orders for Allergan Tissue Matrices for new surgical procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or higher level degree is required
- Minimum of 3 years of Surgical or Specialty Sales experience required
- Surgical Sales Preferred
- Hospital Sales Preferred
- Buy and Bill Preferred
- Prior Experience with General, Plastic and/or Colorectal Surgery areas preferred
- Demonstrated sales experience involving servicing and product evaluations leading to customer conversions. Experience with building prospects and relationships to close leads.
- Display a strong knowledge of product line, capitalize on all product features and benefits, make effective use of selling tools and maintain a high level of expertise in appropriate surgical procedures and operating room conduct.
- Attain and utilize competitor comparison knowledge.
- Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgets, expenses and execute plans
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team. Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate scientific/clinical features and benefits of a product
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing
- Knowledge of operating room etiquette, sterile fields and sterile techniques
- Ability to observe use of Allergan Medical products in the surgical arena
- Travel required
- Ability to drive a car with a valid driver’s license