AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Summary of job description:
To work with marketing team to develop annual & five year marketing plans, co-ordinate successful implementation and grow the long term sales, profit and market share position for assigned products within the context of the overall Corporate Business Plan.
The HCV portfolio is a growth driver for the ANZ business for the next 5 years. Due to the breadth of brand requirements the role requires a senior marketer with experience working in a team environment.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Drive competitive brand positioning, manage revenues and work with the Brand Team to establish strategic direction and best tactical implementation plan
- Contribute to the development of the Brand Plan and the design, implementation and measurement of tactical marketing initiatives
- Manage annual sales volume and profit forecasts & analysis, pricing and expense budgets.
- Forecast product requirements, identify potential supply issues, and develop contingency plans in collaboration with stakeholders
- Budgetary responsibilities for ensuring promotional activities are within agreed budgets
- Achieve to-market & in-market sales and market share annual goals
- Potential people management of marketing team
- Work with Intercontinental and Global teams to deliver key initiatives locally as well as report on Australian insights and performance
- Ensure Brand Team Members contribute to the development of the Brand strategy through the Brand Planning process in line with strategy defined by Global Brand Team and ensure adequate involvement of multiple functions as relevant for the Brand objectives
- Continuously encourage Brand Team members’ collaboration and foster team spirit
- Management and financial control of all third-party marketing agencies to ensure high quality work is produced in line with project timelines and budget provisions clearly set out in the marketing brief
- Work collaboratively with Sales Management colleagues and participate in idea generation and development of all sales force cycle meeting agendas
- Develop, implement and update product & integrated selling model (Challenger)
- Review complaints and suggestions relating to assigned products
- Identify, coordinate & drive primary & secondary market research opportunities.
- Develop strategic relationships with key external customers
- Ensure all business activities comply with the relevant Acts, legal demands, Medicines Australia and ethical standards
- Manage external third-party vendors and meet all related internal compliance requirements
- Proven experience in marketing, with a focus on healthcare, pharmaceuticals or pharmacy
- Preferably experience in Hepatology / Infectious Diseases / Public Health
- Tertiary qualifications in a Business/Marketing or Science Discipline or equivalent
- People management experience
- Comprehensive pharmacy, doctor and health industry knowledge across both Primary and Specialty Care Comply with all relevant laws, regulations, industry codes, AbbVie guidelines, policies and integrity standards. Completion of the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct will be required if this has not yet been completed.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent innovative and creative thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to think strategically
- Good knowledge of computer based programs including spreadsheets and graphics
All for One AbbVie
Clear and Courageous
Decide Smart and Sure
Agile and Accountable
Make Possibilities Real
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced