(New Role) Associate Director, Global Marketing – Eyecare (UK or US based)
- Based in the offices in either Marlow, UK or Chicago, US with a 3/2 hybrid working model
- Reporting into the Marketing Director, Eyecare & Consumer Eyecare
- Highly competitive salary, LTI’s, Car allowance, Bonus and comprehensive benefits package
A new and exciting opportunity to lead the development and execution of Global Strategic and Operational Plans to achieve our long-term growth ambitions. This product is a cornerstone within AbbVie Eyecare, and represents a core growth opportunity. This role is central to achieving the long term ambitions for the in-line product and developing portfolio.
You will align and excite internal and external stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive. Externally, you will work closely with the Eyecare Specialist community to effectively secure and accelerate our competitive position within a dynamic and rapidly evolving market. Internally, you will work cross-functionally at the Global level to align on the most important priorities and drive the implementation through the Area structure. An important element of this will be life-cycle management, a critical element in maintaining leadership within this space.
- Accountability of strategic plan development across Global cross-functional teams, driving organisational focus, alignment and effective progress against the highest of priorities
- Motivate, excite and align the AbbVie organization behind Specialist Eyecare and the future growth potential
- Integral part of the Global Brand Team, aligning cross-functional stakeholders to maximise growth opportunities
- Eyecare life-cycle management in line with customer and patient unmet needs.
- Leadership and collaboration into the Area structures to drive consistent implementation of Global strategy, with an emphasis on collaborating with the Area Commercial Directors and Business Unit Directors in target affiliates.
- Win the respect and confidence of Area colleagues through clarity of thought, strong communication and personal gravitas
- Strategic plans to be built from a foundation of actionable market, customer and patient insights
- Become a trusted partner and drive win:win strategies with external stakeholders including clinical KOLs and relevant bodies such as Patient Advisory Groups and Professional Societies
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field is required. MBA desired.
- Demonstrable & progressive experience in marketing management for a Healthcare company.
- Marketing Management positions with Country, Regional or International responsibility.
- Experience in strategic launch and tactical planning in a matrix environment, including strategy formulation, competitive and customer analysis, tactical program development, budget formulation and management, and proven strategy execution skills.
- Excellent communication skills required to gain internal trust and support for strategic imperatives and operational programmes, and the ability to gain group consensus in a team environment that values analysis and data-based decisions.
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure launch success and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced