AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
BTS International Domain Leader – Sales Enablement - (Allergan Aesthetics)
In May 2020, Abbvie pharmaceuticals purchased Allergan plc, a company that contained both a pharmaceutical division and an aesthetics division with many key products in Facial Aesthetics and Body Contouring. Since the acquisition, the approach has been to combine the pharma business into the Abbvie portfolio whilst standing up a new aesthetics business, Allergan Aesthetics.
With Allergan Aesthetics, the Commercial BTS function is split between US and International, the latter having responsibility of all commercial IT functions globally, outside of the US. Within the International BTS organization we are split between.
- Business Relationship Management roles who are tasked with working with our business partners within the countries and Areas to identify opportunities where technology could drive a competitive advantage, work with our Domain teams to develop and then be instrumental in implementing the solutions and enabling adoption and utilization.
- Product or technology centric roles that are arranged within functional “Domains”. These roles are responsible for developing class-leading technology capabilities whilst the former is primarily tasked with partnering with the business, understanding their objectives, and working within the IT organization to bring our significant capabilities to bear in market.
The Product-centric organization is further split into 4 functional domains.
- Sales Enablement
- Business Intelligence
- External Education
- Marketing Enablement
The role of BTS Domain Leader - Sales Enablement is product line owner role supporting the Sales function within the International business. Based in Marlow, UK the incumbent will report to the Head of BTS International, Allergan Aesthetics. This is a management level position within the organization and will form part of the BTS International Leadership team. We are looking for someone who has a track record with managing a domain like Sales Enablement which consists of various technology platforms upon which various technology products are developed.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will be asked to …
- Develop a clear strategic vision for the domain, working with business partners and other domain owners to integrate capabilities into a cohesive omni-channel technological offering.
- Although not a “hands on” technology role, the incumbent will need to have had experience working with related platforms, ideally Veeva, Salesforce, CRM platforms and eCommerce. Product owner previous experience would be an asset.
- They would need to understand the Sales function and associated business processes well and be able translate strategies to workable products in concert with business partners and delivery vendors.
- Own the product delivery from conception to adoption whether that is done by a team under your direct reporting line or from another service provider. This would include ideation, conception, feasibility assessments, architecting, UI/UX input, user story definition, development/configuration, integration, testing, user acceptance and onboarding, together with a good grasp of what it takes to run this product ongoing and building in metrics to track adoption and utilization. Ensure the supportability of the product, the compliance needs and robust testing and validation before moving to a productive state.
- Own the portfolio of projects and support activities for the Sales domain, ensuring that the budget is well managed, projects are planned and executed on time and financial transparency to our business partners and BTS.
- Build out the product and service catalogue within their functional domain, in this case Sales.
- Understand and contribute to the Abbvie and Allergan Aesthetics technology strategy and roadmaps. Have a good grasp of the industry and leading solutions as well as software trends and frameworks.
- Actively reduce technical complexity and technical debt.
- Ensure that key information is retained within Allergan Aesthetics personnel, building out a robust team over time to enable us to be self-sufficient and reduce our dependency on vendor resources. We are also undergoing a transition to DevOps and Agile, so knowledge of how to work within these frameworks will be useful.
To be successful in this role, the successful candidate would need to …
- Have a visionary mindset whilst being practical and realistic.
- Have experience in running both internal and external teams, working with key vendors.
- Experiencing of owning and managing products from inception to support and beyond.
- Understanding software development lifecycles.
- Understanding of portfolio management and financial budgeting and spend management.
- Technology experience within the domain.
- Stakeholder management, both within IT and with the business.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps preferred.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: DESCRIBE SCOPE:
% OF TIME OR
Own and manage the delivery of products and capabilities to support and grow the Data & Connectivity Enablement function within Allergan Aesthetics.
Strategy & Vision
Experience and skills required
Data & Connectivity and Experience
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in information technology, digital marketing and/or Business management or equivalent
- Significant experience and success in working in a business centric, complex, progressive, multi-stakeholder, matrix environment, with at least five in a product development role.
- Innovative - keep up with latest technology and trends. Experience in digital product development or digital transformation. Proven success in implementing digital and innovative solution.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to manage change and drive innovation.
- Experience in leading IT and business into new technologies and open to new ideas.
- Strong ability to connect unrelated concepts and generate original or unique ideas
- Strong Business engagement, interpreting business needs into technology solutions. Communicate effectively with both technical and business leadership to ensure successful deployment for both localization of global platforms or local proprietary needs.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and advise executive leadership on the best use of technology; as well as justify and lead large scale commercial programs
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with the business, and partner with them in developing IT systems
- Strong ability to de-mystify complex technical subjects and ideas for non-technical audiences
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in shaping IT portfolio aligning business priorities to key technology strategies.
- Extensive experience working with remote teams, and with vendor resources Experience in high performing matrix environment and collaboration \ Global organizations. Proven track record of leading and organizing cross-functional project teams and working across organizational boundaries
- Knowledge of business process mapping, and diverse systems environments; with focus in SFDC technology stacks and data warehousing and analytics.
- Expertise in agile or iterative project execution methodologies
- Proven track record in transforming, building, and leading effective IT organizations
- Proven track record of being able to work under pressure or conflict in a very methodical, responsible, and constructive way and be a role model for the organization
- Experience in implementing IT systems and ensuring end to end IT services delivery for a large business organization or area.
- Business Technology consulting experience
- Experience in introducing/delivering technology solutions that build brand loyalty and improve/enhance customer or consumer experience.
- Experience in working in a regulated business
- Experience with CRM, SFA, electronic promotional material development (closed-loop marketing, websites, portals, iPad apps) or digital marketing
- Healthcare related experience is preferred but not a must. Experience in FMCG or Aesthetics is a plus
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation