AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, Commercial Business Technology Solutions Tower Leader, Education - Allergan Aesthetics
The Allergan Aesthetics, the Commercial BTS function is split between US and International, the latter having responsibility of all commercial IT functions globally, outside of the US. Within the International BTS organization we are split between;
- Business Relationship Management roles and
- Product or technology centric roles that are arranged within functional “towers”. These roles are responsible for developing class-leading technology capabilities whilst the former is primarily tasked with partnering with the business, understanding their objectives and working within the IT organization to bring our significant capabilities to bear in market.
The role of Associate Director, BTS Tower Leader – Education is a product / technology centric role that is responsible and accountable for the Education tower. Included within this tower are all technologies that will be used to drive education objectives. The current focus is on external adult education but is likely to broaden to internal education over time. This role is also a global role, servicing the needs of the US market and International (all markets outside of the US).
This role is based in Marlow, UK and reports to the Head of BTS International, Allergan Aesthetics. To be successful in this role, the successful candidate would need to have …
- Have demonstrable domain knowledge of the education space, what is important to educators and recipients alike, industry trends and the blended nature of in person and digital training offerings.
- On the technology side, the incumbent is expected to have a track record of working with Educational software including learning management systems, digital educational channels and supporting educational software.
- Experience of being a product owner for a product or group of products and owning the product delivery from conception through to implementation and adoption.
- Have worked with a team of technologists, both in-house and external vendors to deliver quality product offerings to multiple geographies whilst ensuring a “platform approach” rather than point solutions.
More specifically, you would:
- Understand the business processes that are supported by the functional domain, in this case Education and know what key metrics are used to determine the effectiveness of the function.
- Be a subject matter expert in the Education domain, having a good grasp of the industry and leading solutions as well as software trends and frameworks.
- Own the product delivery from conception to adoption whether that is done by a team under your direct reporting line or from another service provider. This would include ideation, conception, feasibility assessments, architecting, UI/UX input, user story definition, development/configuration, integration, testing, user acceptance and onboarding, together with a good grasp of what it takes to run this product ongoing and building in metrics to track adoption and utilization.
- Building out the product and service catalogue within their functional domain, in this case Education.
- Understanding and contributing to the Abbvie and Allergan Aesthetics technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Understand the technical landscape including integration with other systems to ensure a friction-less user journey through our capability offerings.
- Actively reduce technical complexity and technical debt.
- Be a change champion and an advocator for deploying technology for a tangible business value.
- Ensure the supportability of the product, the compliance needs and robust testing and validation before moving to a productive state.
- Actively manage the portfolio of changes and enhancements working with BRMs and business to prioritise capability builds and deployment. Write or support business cases for major changes or new instances of technology.
- Responsible for managing the product budget and quality, ensuring that a high-quality product is built with funds spent wisely.
- Ensure that key information is retained within Allergan Aesthetics personnel, building out a robust team over time to enable us to be self-sufficient and reduce our dependency on vendor resources.
- Proactively work to reduce local solutions and migrate countries and users to regional / global capabilities.
This role is likely to have 1 direct report initially with the intention to build out this team over time.
In addition, it will have significant external vendor management responsibility.
This role operates in a matrix so will need to be able to deliver based on leveraging the network of capabilities and services from various parts of the IT organization.
Role Accountability / Scope:
- Direct Line Reporting: Head of BTS, International Commercial, Allergan Aesthetics.
- Responsible for all Education software systems within the International AA organization and responsible for the AMI Digital World solution to the US as well.
- Preferred Bachelors degree in information technology, digital marketing and/or Business management
- Extensive experience and success in working in a business centric, complex, progressive, multi-stakeholder, matrix environment, with at least five in a product development role.
- Innovative - keep up with latest technology and trends. Experience in digital product development or digital transformation. Proven success in implementing digital and innovative solution.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to manage change and drive innovation.
- Experience in leading IT and business into new technologies and open to new ideas.
- Strong ability to connect unrelated concepts and generate original or unique ideas
- Strong Business engagement, interpreting business needs into technology solutions. Communicate effectively with both technical and business leadership to ensure successful deployment for both localization of global platforms or local proprietary needs.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and advise executive leadership on the best use of technology; as well as justify and lead large scale commercial programs
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with the business, and partner with them in developing IT systems
- Strong ability to de-mystify complex technical subjects and ideas for non-technical audiences
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in shaping IT portfolio aligning business priorities to key technology strategies.
- Extensive experience working with remote teams, and with vendor resources
- Experience in high performing matrix environment and collaboration \ Global organizations.
- Proven track record of leading and organizing cross-functional project teams and working across organizational boundaries
- Knowledge of business process mapping, and diverse systems environments; with focus in SFDC technology stacks and data warehousing and analytics.
- Expertise in agile or iterative project execution methodologies.
- Proven track record in transforming, building and leading effective IT organizations
- Proven track record of being able to work under pressure or conflict in a very methodical, responsible and constructive way and be a role model for the organization
- Experience in implementing IT systems and ensuring end to end IT services delivery for a large business organization or area.
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Business Technology consulting experience
- Experience in introducing/delivering technology solutions that build brand loyalty and improve/enhance customer or consumer experience.
- Experience in working in a regulated business
- Experience with CRM, SFA, electronic promotional material development (closed-loop marketing, websites, portals, iPad apps) or digital marketing
- Healthcare related experience is preferred but not a must. Experience in FMCG or Aesthetics is a plus
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation