AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Medical Advisor Neuroscience
- Hybrid-office/ home based in Maidenhead
- Comprehensive benefits package including car allowance, bonus, pension and private medical cover
AbbVie UK is looking for a Senior Medical Advisor within Neuroscience
AbbVie is looking for a Senior Medical Advisor who will take medical leadership and work with our Neuroscience portfolio. The candidate will represent the UK affiliate’s medical/scientific voice of expertise for assigned products in the field of Neuroscience. This is a hybrid position, office location: Maidenhead, Berkshire.
- Focused on new treatment strategies, with a particular focus on Neuroscience and execute the brand strategies into in-field medical activities to address the unmet needs; enhancing the quality of care of these patients.
- execute brand / account plans through aligned Cycle Plans
- serve as the point of contact within the medical affairs team for HCPs
- cross functional, insight-driven brand strategy
- Assist in HTA submissions, NICE submissions
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups, when relevant
- Collaborate with clinical counterpart for oversight on current and future studies
- Attend and participate in relevant scientific meetings and conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform AbbVie strategic priorities and initiative
- Medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Academic, biomedical degree (medicine, pharmaceutical sciences, biology, medical biology)
- Experienced in working in a cross-functional team
- Strong sense of ownership, autonomy, diligence and ability to execute on a strategic plan
- Developing into a Medical Lead role, i.e. more senior experience now and ambition to grow to the next level role
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation