Head of Business Intelligence
- Reporting to the Customer Excellence Director
- This role will be based in Maidenhead with 3 days in the office and 2 remote working days
- Highly competitive salary, Car allowance, Great working environment, Bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
- Lead and manage the Business Intelligence Team, made up of Business Analytics, Data Visualisation and Customer Insights.
- Business Analytics is responsible for delivering to the business insightful analysis which support the brands with planning, reporting or performance management, as well as supporting delivering strategic initiatives across the affiliate. The development of this analysis is the product of a deep working relationship with the business to fully understand the required analysis and the Data and Analytics team (situated in Business Technology Support) to understand the scope of the data available.
- Data visualisation is responsible for owning and driving strategic oversight of the visualisation of insights across the business. These need to be optimal in order to deliver actionable insights and drive robust and timely decision making.
- Customer Insights is responsible for the provision of cost effective product and therapy area data, market research, and brand team insight generation to drive decision making. Market research and insight gathering is undertaken in order to improve understanding of brand team opportunity areas and issues, and recommend solutions to the brand team (for example, perception of our products by customers, optimal pricing, impact of promotion against customers). Customer Insights improves decision making by providing an independent voice that challenges the Brand Team strategy and performance on the basis of objective use of market data and market research.
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, performance management and development of all direct reports, including team priority and objective setting and resourcing
- Ensure delivery of customer insights support to brand teams / launch teams as per agreed plans and timelines
- Direct support to Affiliate Leadership Team and Business Unit Managers to ensure appropriate customer/business insight support is provided
- Work to optimise Business Intelligence systems and process to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Deliver effective budget management, vendor management and comply with procurement good practice
- As a member of the Customer Excellence Leadership Team (CELT), contributing to the continued development and success of the Customer Excellence department through leadership of the Business Intelligence Team and by sharing insights and experience within the CELT.
- Promote the Business Intelligence function internally within the ALT, Brand Teams, UK Affiliate and to wider AbbVie as required.
- Engage with WE&C and Global to work in partnership ad shape above country plans to best meet UK needs.
- Manage the Business Intelligence processes for review and approval of market research, ensuring that these arrangements are in line with the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) standards, the British Healthcare Business Intelligence (BHBIA) guidelines and European Pharmaceutical Market Research Association (EPhMRA) guidelines.
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of CRM, SFE tools and systems
- Knowledge of sales force measures and metrics as well as of the fundamental aspects of affiliate
- financial performance
- Knowledge of basic SFA (Salesforce Automation) processes and tools
- Understanding of brand planning cycle
- Good understanding of the organizational processes and procedures
- Experience in working with market research agencies and data suppliers
- Experience in presenting market data
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, and successful matrix working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced