Associate Director, Outside US Site Contracting (Flexible on Location)
- Competitive salary, car allowance (Local variations), LTI’s, bonus and comprehensive benefits package
The Associate Director, OUS Site Contracting, drives and directs the site contracting organisation in their assigned area, for AbbVie Clinical Trials. Their primary purpose is to strategically leverage the local regulatory environment and area resources optimally, to effectively deliver clinical trial site contracts, enabling study start-up, and ultimately data retrieval, and commercialization for the business. This is achieved by driving forward contracting efficiency gains, removing barriers, and influencing stakeholders and budget holders, with the objective of reducing cycle times, accelerating site activation, and keeping contracts off the critical path.
This role reports into the OUS Site Contracting Director and is responsible for the overall leadership of the OUS Site Contracting team, and Global Site Contracts and Contract Operations (GSCCO) deliverables for their assigned geographic area. They will connect the strategy and direction outlined by the GSCCO Senior Director and OUS Site Contracting Director, with their team operations, and ensure global process consistency and alignment across the studies in the area.
A critical focus of this position includes optimal resource management, driving proactive planning and strategizing for the clinical trial site contract deliverables.
- Build and maintain a high performing Contract Management team, ensuring alignment across the assigned area. Responsible for strategizing, planning, directing, and coordinating OUS Site Contracting activities within the area CMS team.
- CMS resourcing, compliance, quality, and timeliness of CMS deliverables within the geographic area, including driving standardized CMS processes, issue escalation/mitigation, as needed, across all studies within the AbbVie portfolio in the area to ensure on-time and on-target quality CSM deliverables.
- Line Management and development of CMS Managers and (Snr)CMSs in the area. Supervise and oversee management of all resources (permanent, fixed term, contract and FSP), and hiring, training, growth, and development of the area CMS team. Maintain CMS training curriculum and advise on CMS Manager and (Snr)CMS training and development needs.
- Serves on the Senior Leadership Team of the OUS Site Contracting Director. Provide regular area/country level updates on CMS deliverables, metrics, and resource utilization to Area/Country/Global Leadership.
- Drive a learning environment (best practice sharing and lessons learned) within area. Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives within the area.
- Assist the CMS Team in proactively communicating and planning with Country teams (COM / CCOM), the CMS resources, in alignment with the study deliverables and milestones.
- Liaise with area study-start-up directors to ensure OUS Site Contracting-SSU partnership and Area Site Management Area Heads for partnership. Craft annual CMS performance goals and targets to ensure alignment across OUS Site Contracting, SSU and CSM.
- Bachelor's Degree required, degree in health care, legal or scientific field preferred.
- Progressive clinical research experience, with relevant leadership and people management experience.
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional matrix environment, experience in managing remote/virtual teams, and an ability to influence and align stakeholders, while modelling and driving AbbVie’s Way We Work attributes.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to evaluate complex issues from multiple perspectives and drive smart decision making. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust, communicate with influence and clarity, flexibility, and adaptability to changing requirements.
- Expertise in drug development, operations, risk-based thinking, and resource planning.
- Demonstration of successful study execution/staff oversight and aptitude for managing multiple priorities in a fast‐paced environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of ICH and GCP guidelines.
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced