AbbVie is an ambitious health business where people and quality of life come first. The experience of illness is personal, so we care about the things that matter to patients. As market leader, we team with partners to co-design health solutions around our innovative medicines for complex diseases, which improve standards of care. Helping people to be fit for work and family life is how we make a remarkable impact to the lives of men, women and children.
The Account Specialist reports into the Regional Business Manager for the Immunology Business Unit.
The successful candidate will be the direct contact for key stakeholders to communicate the value proposition; they will be the main executor of the infield brand strategy and will develop customer relationships whilst maximizing opportunities based on strong account plans.
Customer selling and relationship management
- Deliver expected performance and beyond (sales) in the territory.
- Develops Smart pre call objectives in line with territory strategy and brand team goals leading to a change in customer behaviour
- Effectively handles objections or concerns.
- Consistently gains a logical, reasonable call to action/close on every sales call.
- Educates medical providers and staff
- Identifies, develops and maintains disease state experts and speakers/advocates.
- Differentiates Humira value proposition in an impactful and memorable way to physicians or other stakeholders assigned
- Continuously strive to gain and share market intelligence
- Capacity to organize and manage stakeholder meetings
- Strong communication skills, ability to flex style based on customer insights.
Clinical and Market Knowledge Development
- Proactively initiates, develops and implements a growth plan to develop in current position and prepare for future opportunities.
- Shares best practice to enhance our business success across the Brand Teams
- Completes all e-learning and ISOTRAIN in a timely manner
- Demonstrates in depth disease, product, market and competitive intelligence expertise.
- Has a deep understanding of the multi-stakeholder environment.
- Continuously analyses sales reports (Foresight, CRM etc) and field intelligence.
- Develops a business plan for own territory in line with brand strategy.
- Accurately identifies customer position on sales cycle. Effectively targets and tracks resources to maximize sales opportunities (budgets, adheres to industry and Abbvie compliance requirements while managing the territory.
- Works closely with infield team, nurse team and wider brand team.
- Delivers required activity in a competitive market to ensure Share of Voice leadership
- Identifies opportunities and uses innovation practices to overcome barriers.
- Responds to critical business opportunities and threats.
- Keeps all company systems, such as CRM, and other administrative expectations regularly up to date.
- Primary degree preferred, preferably science/nursing/business and/or relevant industry sales experience.
- A development mindset with a willingness to learn and raise the bar on performance and capability are pre-requisites for the role.
- Looking for a career opportunity in a fast-moving high profile brand with the determination to overcome challenges and obstacles in order to deliver and succeed.
- An expert communicator, as comfortable engaging customers via remote platforms as you are face to face.
- Mindset – Driven, curious, resilient, solution focused, embrace change, innovative.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced