The Manager, Contract Operations is responsible for accurately managing the activities associated with the implementation and administering of PRM contracts and rebates. Activities associated with contractual arrangements with customers including proper evaluation and interpretation of contractual terms and conditions and requirements. Position will be responsible for ensuring that contractual terms, conditions, eligibility, and pricing are updated and maintained within Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System and that all rebate claims are accurately validated, processed, and paid in a timely basis.
The Manager, Contract Operations, works cross-functionally with internal colleagues in PRM Contracting, Corporate Healthcare, Accounts Payable, Customer Service, Business Technology, Offer Development, and Compliance to provide review and resolution of contract, eligibility, or rebate issues.
The Manager, Contract Operations is responsible for actively participating in developing policies and procedures to support operational efficiency and financial controls. Position is responsible for training and mentoring colleagues supporting PRM Contract and Rebate Operations.
Supervisory responsibility: (if applicable)
Position is responsible for the management of approximately 270 contracts and 500 monthly, quarterly, and annual rebates. New contracts and amendments are received during the year and close coordination is required with the contracting team. This position will direct management experience and will manage three analysts. The Position is expected to provide leadership and guidance to the Contract Operations team.
Staff Management / Daily Operations:
- Manage Contract and Rebate Analyst and ensure contracts in Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System are accurately maintained, to ensure accurate pricing and eligibility, sales data and meaningful management reporting and rebate adjudication.
- Ensure group mailbox is monitored and responses sent within 24 hours of receipt.
- Conduct review and approval sessions for contract builds and payments in Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System.
- Responsible for the proper evaluation and interpretation of contracts to ensure rebate payments are made accurately and timely as per the terms and conditions of the contracts and provide clear and open communication to team members and Corporate Healthcare team.
- Ensure timely execution of contracts per the terms and conditions in Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective customer focus: communicating with and providing supporting documentation to external and internal customers.
- Responsible for the management of resolution of disputed rebate payments, pricing, and eligibility.
- Manage the maintenance of systems and tracking logs for contracts and rebate processing for review by analyst and management.
- Ability to devise new approaches, methods and systems in response to the changing rebate environment. Possess the ability to test and understand the functionality of the Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System and to understand the interrelationships between the various functional applications including SAP.
- Participate and/or contribute to special projects as needed.
- Responsible for adhering to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Contract and Rebate Administration:
The Manager, Contract Operations ensures that contracts are loaded as received and rebate payments are accurately adjudicated and paid on a timely basis. Position is responsible for tracking and monitoring contracts and rebates are processed in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Cross Functional Support:
The Manager, Contract Operations ensures that high quality operational assistance is provided to internal teams as needed. Position ensures that consultative support is provided to stakeholders regarding processes, procedures and functionality related to systems, training, and program implementations. Establishes high standards for communications and training to develop excellent cross functional relationships.
Reporting & Analysis:
The Manager, Contract Operations is responsible for developing and issuing operational and analytical reports necessary to support the business. Operational reports include but are not limited to volume and processing metrics and source system to SAP reconciliation. Analytical reports include but are not limited to sales and discount trends by customer and product to support the Finance and Revenue Accounting forecast and accrual process.
Revenue Management System:
The Manager, Contract Operations is a stake holder for related functionality within Allergan Aesthetics’ Revenue Management System and other downstream systems. Position is responsible for assisting the Sr. Manager Rebates by actively participating and managing and performing user acceptance testing and ensuring it is performed for any newly implemented functionality associated with system releases, upgrades or customizations.
The Manager, Contract Operations is responsible for staff development including mentoring, recruiting, goal setting and performance management. Position is responsible for training staff on the policies, procedures, systems, data and operations that affect contract implementation and administration.