The role of the Marketing Insights & Analytics Director within U.S. Commercial, AbbVie is to develop and execute an integrated Insights & Analytics plan in support of the strategic and tactical plans that drive the components of the Psychiatry franchise business.
This position’s primary objectives are: Lead and develop the insights & analytics function for the Psychiatry Therapeutic Area, ensure successful execution of the strategic and tactical plans against key stakeholders including patients & physicians driven by strong and differentiating insights that are clearly communicated to, understood by and acted upon by the appropriate Psychiatry marketing team(s).
- Leads and manages the development of a holistic point of view to address ad hoc cross-brand and cross-functional business questions requiring integration of input from marketing, sales, market access, analytics, and primary market research. Creates value by adding thought-leadership and driving the synthesis of findings into actionable insights, elevating beyond the “what” to the “why.”
- Partners with Psychiatry franchise VP to identify strategic priorities for the in-line and pipeline portfolio and craft analytics and insights plans that best meet the needs of the business. Communicates clear findings and recommends appropriate action to executive-level leadership.
- Provides strategic insights and analysis to ensure clear brand strategies that address unmet needs along the patient journey that will provide strategic direction, identify critical insights and analytics relevant to promotional excellence, and allow tracking based upon derived insights
- Influences strategic decision-making by leading data and insight-driven discussions with Psychiatry brand team that are future-looking, market and competitive intelligence-driven, and flexible enough to meet the needs of evolving portfolio priorities, while championing the voice for customer or patient
- Oversees competitive intelligence activities, serving as lead partner to align findings and implications cross-functionally to inform forecasting & finance teams.
- Leads the team to proactively analyze and monitor the performance of key brands/competition through management and analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs) and communicate results and recommendations to the brand teams.
- Develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on promotional investments.
- Lead the team to effectively integrate multiple data sources to draw conclusions and make recommendations supported by insights & analytics.
- Ensures best practices in marketed product and launch excellence insights and analytics by serving as a thought partner to key business stakeholders, by identifying significant trends, leveraging competitive positioning and consumer decision-making drivers. Ensures team to have active voice and participation in Brand strategies and tactics initiatives
- Build, coach, and maintain a high-performing and diverse team of qualitative, analytical, quantitative, and business-minded individuals that collectively distill business insights & analytics from commercial data sources and primary market research.
- Guides and oversees tight management of Insights & Analytics budget for each Brand
- Deep expertise in primary market research methods for both physician, consumer and analytics tools
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Psychology, Sociology, Life Science, Market Research
Preferred: Master’s Degree (Business Administration, Statistics, Economics) with a concentration in marketing/sales/market research
This position requires 10-15 years of experience in the identification, articulation and application of customer insights and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies. It requires strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
This position requires an intimate knowledge of the marketing and sales planning processes and the ability to develop and use specialized market research techniques.
Command of the following software programs (PowerPoint, Excel).
Accountability / Scope:
Reports to AVP, Market Analytics & Business Insights
Builds relationships and interacts with direct staff/team, internal peers, forecasting, finance, Customer Experience, legal, RMs, SDs, marketing directors and product managers, GMs/VPs, vendors.
Budget responsibility: $2MM - $10MM
Focus (Scope): 50% Strategic/50% Tactical