AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director for Psychiatry Access and Advocacy
The Associate Director of Psychiatry Access and Advocacy leads the development and execution of strategies related to patient access, including comprehensive strategic planning of end-to-end market patient support tools to enable appropriate patient use of VRAYLAR. Reporting directly to the Brand Lead, the Associate Director will be responsible for achieving key brand goals by balancing investments with brand profitability. The Associate Director will also develop and execute patient advocacy strategies in line with brand priorities and work with cross-functional stakeholders to build capabilities and outreach with the external patient advocacy community that strengthen the patient voice in decision-making processes.
The Associate Director will work closely with multiple commercial operations teams to ensure alignment in the development of strategy and execution over the Long Range Plan. Internally, the Associate Director will foster positive working relationships and be highly collaborative with the HCP and consumer marketing teams, market access, public affairs, government affairs, sales force, health economics and outcomes research, medical review, market research, sales training, regulatory review, business analytics, customer experience, and other cross franchise teams. Externally, the Associate Director works with various agency partners, patient support organizations (including CoverMyMeds and Relay Health) and consultants to successfully lead access and advocacy strategy and execution. The Associate Director must demonstrate the ability to lead without authority, while building a collaborative, integrated approach to psychiatry access and advocacy.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive patient support strategy for the psychiatry portfolio, identifying key opportunities to maintain or improve access to VRAYLAR, and working closely with the Managed Markets team to ensure internal alignment and execution
- Partner with the market access marketers to plan, create, and train the field force on market access focused materials.
- Lead the development of patient advocacy strategies including defining, standardizing, and executing standard methodologies for patient advocacy engagement.
- Partner with Payer Marketing to integrate brand priorities into the strategic contracting/financial planning process for the psychiatry portfolio through the long-range plan (LRP)
- Develop analytics and track plans of key performance indicators to improve path to prescription for HCPs and Patients, conversion to product, end-to-end patient services model from adoption to reaching and supporting patients for access of the psychiatry portfolio and increase adherence and persistency of customers.
- Lead brand positioning and message development for patient support initiatives, working across key groups of functional stakeholders to execute and enhance the patient support services experience (ex. Prior authorization support, patient savings, etc.)
- Manage one direct report to achieve their respective business and professional goals related to brand market access and advocacy goals
- Develop compelling presentations to convey strategies to broad sets of stakeholder audiences, including senior executives, cross-functional leadership teams, and cross-functional partners for understanding and support of brand plans.
Basic Skill Set
- BA/BS required; advanced degree in related discipline (JD, MBA, PhD) preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with a successful track record in pharmaceutical marketing or sales
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas & make the complex easy for others to understand.
- Executes highly effective working team meetings with internal and external partners and is visibly inclusive and transparent.
- Works collaboratively and proactively, maintains high degree of planning, coordination & project management skills, demonstrated ability to problem solve & resolve conflict with diplomacy.
- Strong analytical and strategic marketing skills
- Previous experience in Patient Access and Support Services, Patient Advocacy, Strategic Brand Development, In-line Marketing, channel specific marketing, marketing consulting roles, and/or consumer healthcare focused advertising and promotion role preferred
- Experience in strategic field based or non-personal services and reimbursement planning for products with success in competitive environments.
- Scientific acumen & therapeutic understanding, with the ability to extract insights from the analysis of complex datasets.
- Strong financial acumen with a good understanding of P&L drivers and the ability to develop appropriate investment & sales forecasts.
- Deep understanding and experience of US market access environments.
- Experience with launch &/or on-market commercial teams an advantage.
- Experience working within matrix-based teams and project management.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functional partners outside of immediate team.
- Self-starter, learns fast, quickly grasps the essence of concepts, can change course rapidly where required, demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
- Open to suggestion & experimentation for improvement, embraces ideas from others, encourages innovation but matches innovation to reality.
- Exhibits strong emotional intelligence, diplomacy, maintenance of confidentiality, maturity, and organizational savvy.
For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Excellence Focused; Optimistic; Open and Authentic.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced