The Associate Director is responsible for implementing the HEOR strategy and tactics for a therapeutic area / product globally or in the US market in compliance with standards and policies. They are responsible for engaging with integral cross-functional team member that are part of pipeline commercial team to understand critical business objectives to execute & interpret evidence-based strategies to address these objectives.
This is achieved by establishing and maintaining internal cross-functional collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, including (1) R&D (Clinical Development/Regulatory/Medical Affairs/Epidemiology) (2) US, Area & Global Market Access/Global HTA (3) US, Area & Global Commercial (4) Global Commercial Development (5) Government Affairs. In addition, they will partner with key thought leaders in the field to execute the research.
The Associate Director possesses demonstrated technical knowledge, and strategic expertise in identifying, coordinating & delivering innovative health economics & outcomes evidence generation solutions to (1) optimize treatment decisions (2) support label expansion & enhancement (3) maximize registration. This position accomplishes this by creating a culture that fosters learning and rewards personal development.
- Lead & conduct timely execution of robust & innovative research aligned to strategy.
- Works across all HEOR pillars [COEs & Geography] to ensure delivery of research.
- Actively participates as a subject-matter expert in key cross-functional teams that are part of Pipeline Commercial Model and 1-7-5 process to facilitate alignment and integration of Global HEOR strategies / plans into the broader Integrated Evidence Plans. Must be able to influence activities in a matrix organization.
- Responsible for appropriate allocation of project/asset specific budget & ensuring projects are delivered on time & within budget.
- Responsible for communicating results of research to key stakeholders across R&D and Commercial.
- Utilizes outcomes expertise to inform and interface with external global regulatory [e.g. FDA, EMA etc.] and reimbursement decision makers / HTA.
- Executes research with key external thought-leaders [e.g. clinical, payer, patient advocacy etc] to and/or publish finding.
- Effectively partner with internal stakeholders (HEOR TA teams, Medical Access, Medical Account Management, Market Access, MUs, Global teams, etc.) at strategic and tactical levels to generate and disseminate robust HEOR findings in support of a broad set of stakeholders including payers. Closely partner with Medical Access team to enable and drive payer-centricity in all HEOR research and activities supporting the assets for which he/she is responsible.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of HEOR function through leadership of functional initiatives and change management. Role model leadership behaviors to promote desired culture.
- Assures compliance of HEOR studies with established research standards.
- Master’s degree/fellowship in health economics or related discipline; however, PhD is preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience with demonstrated high performance in pharmaceutical industry, CRO, academia or other health related consulting company.
- Professional training in the field (MD, PharmD, etc).
- Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Firmly grounded in the scientific fundaments of one or more of the core HEOR specialities (epidemiology, biostatistics, patient reported outcomes, health services research, economics).
- Capable of performing health economics projects from inception through publication and application with minimal oversight.
- Ability to present complex scientific programs and data clearly to cross-functional audiences.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced