AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
UNIX / Linux System Administrator & Engineer (all genders) - (Vollzeit / unbefristet)
Welcome to AbbVie! As part of an international company with 48,000 employees worldwide and around 3,000 employees in Germany, you will have the opportunity to work closely with us to address the health challenges of tomorrow. Do you have a passion for improving health care around the world and for using your expertise to improve patients' quality of life? In a challenging work environment that allows you to broaden and develop your own skills? You’ve found the right place!
Further develop your expertise and join our team as
UNIX/Linux System Administrator & Engineer (all genders)
We are looking for a talented Linux System Engineer to join our Engineering and Operations team who will plan, implement, and maintain our Unix/Linux environment, solve complex technical problems and enable the growth of our business.
You have the opportunity to join one of the top Biopharmaceutical companies, allowing you to work with us on building and improving the infrastructure environment allowing us to stay focused on sustainable growth and addressing the world’s pressing health challenges.
- Ensuring ongoing operations of our on-prem and cloud-based IT infrastructure, including Linux and RedHat, VxRail Cluster, Dell/EMC Storage and Backup environments
- Close cooperation with international engineering and operations teams in planning and implementation of Linux server projects (mainly RedHat Enterprise Linux)
- Working with our level 2 support to identify recurring or serious issues and fix the root cause
- Contact person for our customers for Linux Solutions (in German and English)
- Cooperation with application managers for Oracle, web and container platforms (like Docker)
- Creation and maintenance of shell scripts
- IT documentation and change management based on valid guidelines (e.g. ITIL, GxP, SOX) in ServiceNow
This is how you make a difference:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree in the IT/Engineering field
- 5+ years of experience with Linux system administration, supporting and building Linux-based infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud Services like AWS and Azure
- Experienced handling of Shell Scripts and cron jobs as well as SSL/TLS certificates and their configuration
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Azure DevOps, Terraform and Ansible to create automation scripts
- Knowledge of basic development concepts and programming standards
- Basic understanding of network technologies and firewall designs as well as the required protocols and services such as LDAP, NTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP etc.
- First experience in the design of systems for high availability, use of load balancers, file replication and database replication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (technical and non-technical) in German and English
- Self-driven, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Windows Server, Active Directory, GPOs, groups and file permission concepts, WSUS
- Central logging and data analysis
- Monitoring tools like SolarWinds, WhatsUpGold, etc.
- Dell/EMC Storage systems
- Avamar Backup
What we offer you:
- a diverse area of work where you can make a real difference
- an open company culture
- attractive remuneration
- intensive onboarding by a mentor
- flexible work models for a healthy work-life balance
- corporate health management with comprehensive health and exercise programs
- corporate social benefits
- diverse career options in an international organization
- high-level, attractive career development opportunities
- a strong international network
At AbbVie, your individual contributions count – help us achieve more together. Be a part of it and grow with us – go above and beyond!
Sounds like the perfect career opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application. All you need is a complete CV – anything else will be discussed in person, where possible, if general suitability is determined.
Have questions? Email us at TalentAcquisition.firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you!
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.