AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Veterinary Pathologist (all genders) - (unlimited / fulltime)
Welcome to AbbVie! As part of an international company with 48,000 employees worldwide and around 3,000 employees in Germany, you will have the opportunity to work closely with us to address the health challenges of tomorrow. Do you have a passion for improving health care around the world and for using your expertise to improve patients' quality of life? In a challenging work environment that allows you to broaden and develop your own skills? You’ve found the right place!
As part of our Research and Development team, you will be contributing to finding solutions and helping pave the way for innovative therapies that address complex diseases using innovative research approaches and state-of-the-art technology.
Further develop your expertise and join our team as Senior Veterinary Pathologist (all genders)
Make an impact:
With a lot of experience and even more passion, you will be joining our team in Ludwigshafen.
- You enable discovery and development of new drugs by supporting our pathology unit within the department of Preclinical Safety in Germany
- You ensure scientific evaluation and interpretation of pathology data by concurrent adherence to international regulatory guidelines
- The tasks include:
o Providing input to study protocols
o Supervise necropsies,
o Perform histopathological examinations in rodent and non-rodent studies, and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings
o Authoring (histo-)pathology reports for non-clinical toxicology studies
o Conduct formal peer reviews
o Review of regulatory documents
- You will provide scientific and technical expertise to project teams and thereby closely interact with Neuroscience Discovery
- You will drive scientific development and support implementation of new methods and contribute to internal and external publications whenever possible
- You will ensure close interaction, collaboration, and communication within the Global Pathology Organization
- Finally, you will strive continuously for improvement of criteria for efficiency, quality, and safety
- PhD or equivalent in veterinary medicine and certified qualification in veterinary pathology
- Ideally board certification by the European or the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (DECVP or DACVP) or equivalent
- Substantial expertise in toxicologic or investigative pathology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- High level of interpersonal skills, such as strong leadership andcommunication skills, strong team player
What we offer you:
- A diverse area of work where you can make a real difference
- An open company culture
- Attractive remuneration
- intensive onboarding by a mentor
- A strong international network
At AbbVie, your individual contributions count – help us achieve more together. Be a part of it and grow with us – go above and beyond!
Sounds like the perfect career opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application.All you need is a complete CV – anything else will be discussed in person, where possible, if general suitability is determined.
Have questions? Email us atTalentAcquisition.firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you!
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.