The Senior Scientist position is located within the Neuroscience Discovery organization in Ludwigshafen, Germany. The accomplished neurobiologist will make substantial contributions to the conception and execution of new therapeutic approaches for neurodegenerative diseases in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Conceive, plan, coordinate & conduct pharmacological in vivo studies in animal models for Alzheimer and Parkinson Disease, including histological, biochemical, and molecular biological endpoints
- Establish and validation animal model for Alzheimer and Parkinson Disease
- Proficient in in vivo techniques in rodents, including microsurgeries, dosing via different routes, sampling of CSF and blood, perfusions, dissection of brain regions and related tasks.
- Set up, optimize and validate protein biochemistry assays, e.g. ELISA’s, Western Blots, ELLA, Singulex
- Experience with molecular biological and NGS assays and analysis would be an asset.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing research or method development to address key scientific questions. Independently interpret scientific data and initiate next steps, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Provide mentorship and guidance to others.
- Present scientific plans and data internally to project teams and scientific community.
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity that advances research projects or technologies and lead those efforts.
- Develop and maintain productive collaborations with other groups across science disciplines and global colleagues including planning and coordination of complex experiments.
- PhD in Neuroscience pharmacology, biochemistry, biology, or related field with proven track record in neurodegenerative diseases, preferentially Parkinson Disease and Alzheimer Disease, with a strong focus on animal models
- Extensive experience in animal experimentation and various in vivo techniques in rodents
- Strong expertise with above mentioned technologies.
- A high degree of self-initiative, independency, flexibility and curiosity and excellent teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent skills in planning and coordination of complex interdisciplinary studies.
- Very good communication skills and proficiency in English (written and oral). Basic knowledge of German advantageous.
- Willingness for occasional overtime and weekend work.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced