For the Molecular & Imaging Biomarker Group within Neuroscience Discovery we are seeking an experienced researcher for a Bench-Scientist (MSc) position. The accomplished scientist will make substantial contributions to the conception and execution of new therapeutic approaches to neurodegenerative diseases in a collaborative environment. A primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to discover and validate new biomarkers for neurodegenerative diseases with a focus on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Experience with neurodegenerative diseases, especially neuroinflammation, protein biochemistry, flow cytometry as well as ligand-binding assay development and validation would be relevant assets.
- Independently design, execute, analyze and interpret experimental data to discover and validate new disease- or target-specific biomarkers for AbbVie’s drug-development programs for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Pro-actively identify emerging scientific and technological trends from internal and external resources, evaluate their impact and implement them into the biomarker development strategy.
- Effectively compile and present scientific plans and data.
- Collaborate with experts in other groups, cross-functionally (e.g. developmental sciences) and globally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education with typically 5 years of experience, or Master’s Degree or equivalent education with typically two years of experience in in biochemistry, biology, neuroscience, cell biology, pharmacology or related field
- Skillset to independently generate and analyze experimental data with state-of the art statistical tools is a pre-requisite.
- Strong background in de novo assay development, especially of immunoassays, and their subsequent validation according to industry standards will be highly advantageous.
- Expertise in biomarker discovery, especially in omics and multi-candidate approaches desired. Knowledge in systems biology, data-mining and computational biology aspects would be a plus.
- Knowledge in protein biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology as well as experience with cell culture and flow cytometry desired.
- Motivation to effectively work in a team of scientists in a highly collaborative matrix environment.
- High scientific rigor and commitment to provide robust, high-quality scientific results.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills and proficiency in English (written and oral).
Job Type: Experienced