We are looking for a postdoctoral scientist with the motivation to expand the analytical toolbox for gene therapy products in the NBE Analytics department.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will take a leading role in developing mass spec-based and classical methods to characterize gene therapy products while helping to shape the analytical landscape in this still developing field
- As a member of Analytical Innovation & Mass Spectrometry you will be able to benefit from the team’s strong background in analytical chemistry and state of the art technologies while expanding this knowledge to the characterization of gene therapy vectors
- You will work in cross-functional teams with colleagues from other AbbVie sites to align the development of analytical methods for each phase of development.
- As a postdoctoral scientist you will closely follow the technological landscape in the gene therapy field and test new methods and instrumentation.
Your AbbVie talent:
- You hold a PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy or related field and have at least 3 years of hands-on experience in mass spectrometry
- You have experience in working with viral vectors (e.g. AAV, lentivirus) and their characterization
- You have strong experience in the control and in the daily maintenance of high-resolution mass spectrometers (QTOF or Orbitrap)
- You are skilled to analyze and present data in broader context and eager to defend data during scientific debate
- Additional analytical experience (e.g. SEC, IEX, AUC, cryoEM, PCR) is beneficial
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and German
We offer you:
- A challenging job as a scientist focused on the mass spectrometric characterization of gene therapy vectors with high personal responsibility in a committed and competent team
- We are happy to accompany your on-boarding process and support you during your first steps in your new role
- We create the ideal environment for focused and passionate work, providing our employees with the utmost flexibility to tailor their daily work to their individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany as well as a wide range of career paths and opportunities for further development
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Recent Graduate