A career in which you can achieve more? We Offer That.
Looking for challenges where you can grow? We Offer That.
A career where all your skills can come into play? We Offer That.
Welcome to AbbVie! As part of an international company with 48,000 employees worldwide and around 3,000 employees in Germany, you will have the opportunity to work closely with us to address the health challenges of tomorrow. Do you have a passion for improving health care around the world and for using your expertise to improve patients' quality of life? In a challenging work environment that allows you to broaden and develop your own skills? You’ve found the right place!
The Scientific Architect is a multidisciplinary expert who partners with Dev Sci scientists and leaders to identify and execute Digital Transformation Use Cases aimed at automating scientific workflows and building industry-leading knowledge management and predictive modelling capabilities. He/she will help Use Case teams to define challenges faced by scientists and prepare the future state data architecture and data system requirements associated with their Use Cases. The Scientific Architect will partner with Dev Sci colleagues and Information Research to drive updates to the Dev Sci data- and systems architecture as required by the Use Cases. Reporting to the Scientific Architecture Lead, he/she will work closely with the Solution Architecture team to align on overarching Dev Sci data- and systems strategies to enable the connectivity of CMC and Biological Sciences data. The candidate must have significant experience in a scientific discipline within Biological Sciences (DMPK, PCS) or CMC (Analytical R&D, Process R&D, Drug Product Development); must have a strong, scientific and data systems &/or data analytics background.
- Provides effective facilitation within a use-case team to drive consensus on the scientific & data architecture impacted by the use-case. Ensures that the Use Case team makes a meaningful impact towards digitizing & automating Dev Sci scientific workflows and defining a sustainable, consistent Dev Sci data- and systems.
- Partners with Dev Sci scientists and leaders to drive implementation of Digital Transformation Use Cases aligned with Dev Sci and functional strategic priorities that expand the Dev Sci data architecture and drive the design or enhancement of key data systems that make Dev Sci scientific data broadly available, reusable and machine readable.
- Demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with team members, scientists, and functional SMEs.
- Ensures the quality and effectiveness of key results that advance the Dev Sci Digital Transformation through sound design, risk assessments and implementation of back-up strategies.
- Identifies emerging scientific and technological trends from multiple internal and external sources, assesses relevance and integrates applicable trends into Digital Transformation plans and strategies as appropriate.
- Communicates the vision and progress of the Digital Transformation at a local site level to drive a culture of data sharing and data-driven decision making. Presents complex data and digital workflow concepts and results to technical and non-technical audiences for broad understanding and buy-in.
- Drives effective implementation and full utilization by intended user groups through clear articulation of benefits, risks and return on investment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science related field with 12+ years of related work experience; Master’s Degree or equivalent education in Science/Technology or PharmD or equivalent education with 10 years of related work experience; PhD in Science or related field with typically 5 years of related work experience.
- Extensive experience with scientific workflows and key data associated with these workflows is required.
- The ideal candidate brings a blend of scientific experience in a scientific discipline in CMC or Bio Sciences domain and strong IT /data analytics skills
- Capable of leading diverse groups with a range of functional and IT systems experience; maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to solve critical business and scientific problems
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in areas of science and technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
An internal application always requires a certain degree of transparency. So please remember when you want to inform the current manager about it.
If there is any uncertainty on this subject, your BHR Partner, Talent Acquisition and colleagues on the Works Council will also be available for information.
Salary: The position is remunerated with AT (depending on qualification and experience)
Job Type: Experienced