The AbbVie Endocrinology Inc. (AEI) Business Technology Solutions (BTS) team is working to transform AEI business into an agile technology and data driven organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of this team in leading the delivery of mid to large-scale, BTS initiatives designed to help improve efficiency & decision making that will allow AbbVie’s patients seamlessly access the treatments they need.
About the AEI BTS UX & Design Team
We are researching and designing for a diverse range of patients and their treatment access journeys. If you are passionate about the healthcare space and strongly believe all patients deserve an exceptional experience and the help they need to overcome barriers to treatment, come join our growing cause and make a direct impact toward the vision with AbbVie Endocrinology Inc. UX & Design.
The UX & Design team at AEI BTS is responsible for the end-to-end service experience and interaction design directly impacting AbbVie’s US patients and the agents who support them. We employ a broad understanding of the access and reimbursement ecosystem paired with patient services information to own business relationships and lead the organization in execution of user centric research and design initiatives across disciplines and subject areas. We lead by example on practical and innovative approaches while helping drive the technology strategy and execution for AEI overall. We enable solution design in alignment with the technology product Delivery and Architecture teams, and we work on web design, user-centered design, graphic design, human factors engineering, user interface (UI) design, information architecture (IA), Interaction design (IxD), usability testing, and even Customer communication and marketing for AEI BTS.
As part of this new and growing team, you will not only be a UX Lead, but a UX Leader and proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design, and above all empathy for the patients who connect with us and rely on AbbVie’s treatments every day.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
As the Patient Experience and Design Lead, you will play a critical role in developing the strategy and ensuring the sound delivery of delightful omnichannel experiences for thousands of patients interacting with the AbbVie AEI on a daily basis. Working with stakeholders across functions and levels, you will impact all phases of interaction development and even strategy development.
We are looking for a proactive and passionate UX Professional like you who will raise the bar and tackle the following areas:
Ownership of UX Design & Build Operations:
- Owns the overall design and build methodology & governance management; continuously refines the design & build operational model based on team and stakeholder observations of what’s currently working/not working
- Manages the day-to-day Design team activities, helping the team of designers stay on track to commitments, prioritize tasks, and remove obstacles
- Acts as the key enforcer of UX Design governance and best practices with technology and business teams alike
- Ensures efficient ways of working and consistent intercommunication of UX Research and Design teams, closing gaps and connecting dots as needed, and inspiring each team member to do the same.
- Seeks out and brings in the latest best practices through a combination of external research and maintaining high-quality cross-functional relationships with other UX Design professionals at AbbVie; integrates the best practices in a way that makes sense for AEI BTS UX Design team
- Establishes high-quality cross-functional relationships with the business and other UX Design professionals throughout AbbVie to communicate great work of our team as well as bring in the latest best practices.
- Owns the UX/UI delivery management for AEI BTS Homegrown apps such as externally-facing websites and internally-facing apps.
Ownership of the Patient & HCP (External Stakeholder) Experience Strategic Roadmap:
- Employs UX research methodologies, service design, and customer experience mindsets to lead discovery initiatives aimed at better understanding current-state pain points our External Stakeholders are facing
- Elevates the discovery results to leadership stakeholders to align on and influence business strategy with Customer Experience at the forefront
- Employs external research strategies and keeps up-to-date with how our competitors use technology and Customer Experience to serve Patients and HCPs, shares insights with business and BTS stakeholders alike in the practical strategic and roadmapping discussions
- Owns the overall External Stakeholder business roadmap, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders within AEI (BTS and Business) and US Commercial Patient Svcs.
Collaboration with UX Research as well as Platform Technical Teams:
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share designs, ensure the agreed designs are implemented as designed
- Communicate designs and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways alongside UX Research team
- Design and Plan usability and other build testing protocols to ensure UX designs are properly implemented and meeting the uncovered patient or agent needs
- Collaborate with UX Research lead on how UX research factors into the design & build operating model. Likewise, provide input to UX Research lead on how UX Design could factor into UX Research operating model
Thought Leadership and Advocacy for UX Methodology, Governance, and Culture:
- Define and facilitate design thinking workshops to foster cross-functional collaboration, action your research, and inform experiences that reflect a clearly defined problem
- Mentor others on UX and maintain our team's high standard of work
- Collaborate closely with other UX designers across AbbVie to leverage and build upon your own knowledge and that of our organization