Develop, execute, and manage IT projects within the defined scope for US Commercial Operations Business Management Office.
Expedite, manage, and coordinate a multitude of interrelated IT project activities within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of projects. The individual is expected to be autonomous in management of meetings, solicitation of agendas, distribution of meeting minutes, tracking completion of action items and regular updates on project status.
Individual will manage HCP Marketing Data Ecosystem strategic platform data deployments in alignment with Business and BTS stakeholder agreed upon timelines. Streamline cost chargeback process to ensure efficient cost recovery from sponsors of respective projects. Enhance support model to optimize tracking and resolution of production issues along with resource cost efficiencies.
This role will report directly to the Associate Director, US Commercial Business Management Office, and dotted line report to the Associate Director, HCP Marketing Data Ecosystem.
- Initiate and Plan IT Projects: Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives, and deliverables. Define robust project plan to iteratively build and deliver value to business.
- Project Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects working with IT management and business sponsor to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original financial plan and budget. Efficiency manages risks including mitigation plans and communicate the risks effectively to the stakeholders.
- Financial Management: Work with Data Architects to estimate project costs, secure budgets from business, monitor burn and ensure recoveries are made appropriately on monthly basis
- Executing and Closing Projects: Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Coordinates interdependencies across related projects with different project managers including suppliers and stakeholders. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Project Communication: Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Project Team, IT, and business management. Define standard KPIs to communicate the health of the project to the stakeholders.
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources including suppliers to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Ensure minimum to no bench time for supplier resources by forecasting project needs. Supervises and motivates cross-functional project team of business analysts, developers, and validation analysts.
- Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Demand Management: Works with business and IT management to prioritize the projects based on the business value and expected outcomes. Works with functional leads to forecast the capacity required to execute the projects.
- At least 6 yrs experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects.
- Strong leader with experience managing projects with IT and business team members.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven project financial management experience
- Experience with all phases of the software life cycle.
- Detail oriented, independent, self-starter and customer service oriented.
- Ability to move a project forward on schedule
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguous requirements
- Proven Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Project skills are required.
- Proven experience in executing projects across waterfall and agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Extreme programming
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Experience managing the transition from project closure to operational support
- Vendor management
- PMP certification
- PPM tool experience (SmartSheet, Clarity)
- Agile CSM Certification
- Experience with Sales & Marketing cloud-based applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree (preferred)
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced