Technical expert that will independently identify, engineer, and optimize new data, software, or technology solutions that address critical business needs.
Continuously seek to improve existing methods and processes. Read and adapt literature and publicly available information to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of techniques and methods for information technology engineering, including software development, data warehousing, statistics, machine learning, and/or technology infrastructure.
The Technology Engineer will lead small to medium size systems and technology deployments in support of variety of manufacturing smart maintenance business processes.
The Technology Engineer is responsible for platforms such as Maximo, OSI-PI and Mobile configuration, build and release activities including build automations, app enhancements and updates to existing code, configuration.
- Independently design and develop data, software, or technology solutions to answer engineering or business questions. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of technologies related to programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, and data visualization and analysis.
- Responsible for architecting, maintaining, and streamlining the automated build and release process from code compilation, build definitions, to deploying releases to multiple environments
- Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts
- Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and deployment efforts and as well in production
- Design and configure continuous integration build system and system environment management through collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Ability to continually learn new techniques, research and bring in new innovative technologies, processes, and techniques relevant to the work
- Responsible for maintaining infrastructure components related to Maximo, OSI-PI and supporting systems.
- Provide system performance optimization, maintenance and production support.
- Develop, test, and deploy code into the appropriate environment.
- Prepare technical documentation for code and design changes, debug end-user applications.
- Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff.
- Prepare installation and deployment instructions.
- Aid in the systems development process, including planning & monitoring systems development efforts, coordinating activities within other groups, reviewing deliverables and communicating to management.
- Understand customers’ business objectives and system requirements and work closely with customers to determine their strategic information requirements and measure performance against expectations. Assist in customer resolution.
- Define implementation activities and assign individual responsibilities; assume leadership role for implementation activities; coordinating implementation with other parts of the enterprise and provide routine status of activities to Project Mgr or direct supervisor.
- Social Media Communication and Collaboration: Develop and expand internal Social Media presence. Engage with clients and partners via internal Social Media tools. Promote department objectives and form community of practices. Bring and promote positive attitude and enthusiasm to daily work.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years technical experience, or Master's degree plus 4 years experience
- Maximo, 5+ years - 7.6.09 version of Maximo (Hands on coding required)
- Maximo integration with other applications via Flat File, Direct Query, Web Services, Event Driven Architecture and APIs including SAP
- Expertise in Interface Design, Configuration and Customization (Maximo Integration Framework - MIF / Maximo Enterprise Adapter – MEA)
- Expertise in Custom Application / Integration Development – Automation Scripts
- Expertise in Web Service Interfaces
- Expertise in Data Migration Using Integration Tools and Scripts
- Expertise in Webserver Set Up and Configuration
- Oracle, database to database: Data replication from one Oracle instance to another.
- Proficient in PL/SQL, create views, packages, procedures, understanding of data relations and mapping.
- Experience with Java development, Java extensions and associated tools.
- Experience with configuration of Mobile products and configurations.
- Experience with analytics and reporting tools to provide visualization, KPI’s and performance management.
- Background in System Development Lifecycle Methodology and Agile System Development.
- Expertise in source code management and merging techniques and maintenance
- Knowledge of system development lifecycle process, documentation and requirements.
- In-depth technical knowledge of a wide range of emerging technology and the ability to maintain this expertise in a rapidly changing, technically complex information technology environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively interact with customers at all levels of management.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required. Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced