AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) Team. The Cyber Security Engineering Team installs, manages, optimizes, automates the tools in use by the broader Information Security and Risk Management teams.
This is an expansion of capabilities within the Cyber Security Engineering Team, acting as consult in part to data pipelines management, SIEM, SOAR, and Attack Surface Management development while advocating standards across our datasets. Grow with us as a Technical Lead, Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) to raise our tools and skilled analysts up so that they may help our business to continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
This is a technical role helping to coach and guide analysts and engineers on their assigned tasks, to ensure quality code is product. Working alongside the Scrum Master and Product owner, this role will help design solutions and strategize the future state of the larger technical ecosystem, while assessing knowledge gaps and providing learning objectives.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable to adapting and learning new terminology, processes, and techniques in use within Information Security teams and be comfortable working in Scrum and Agile/DevOps methodologies.
This position is part of AbbVie’s Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team. We are here to put our partners in a position to succeed. We do it by providing the knowledge, tools, and support they need to effectively use data and technology while also effectively managing risk.
- Leading, coaching, and managing a team of developers across a portfolio of tools
- Oversee story completion and ensure collaboration across developers and development teams
- Developing and maintaining an environment where the skills, knowledge, and performance of the group is constantly evolving
- Coach and guide analysts and engineers on their assigned tasks
- Ensures high quality code is delivered by the team and upholds coding standards and guidelines
- Design solutions and strategize the future state of the larger technical ecosystem
- Assesses knowledge faps and provides learning tasks
- Partners with Architect to ensure best practices are followed
- Operating autonomously to support developers and help drive SLAs and OLAs.
- Serving as a technical expert across a myriad of technologies and code
- Advising and facilitating efforts with code
- Managerial responsibilities such as staffing, performance assessments, career path and development planning, training, and coaching.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert across multiple cyber security capabilities
- Ability to author technical documentation and perform quality reviews of documents created by developers
- Regularly collaborate with developers in support of stories and technical tasks
- Strong knowledge of diverse operating systems, systems administration, pipelines, cloud workloads, containerization, functions as a service
- Experience with scripting languages (Python/Go) and Database languages (SQL/MQL)
- Experience working with development tools and scripting languages (git / mercurial / subversion; Python / PowerShell / Go)
- Basic knowledge and application of cyber security terminology and concepts
- Ability to execute in an autonomous manner, contributes to decisions based on specialized knowledge
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills; investigates, defines, and resolves critical issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills through an ability to coordinate the execution of operations and response activities across technical and business resources
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to be available, as needed, for major and critical security issue
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field and 7+ years of specialized information security experience
- Prior experience working in an Agile team
- Familiarity with cybersecurity, privacy principles, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities
- Prior experience working with a SIEM environment (ELK, Splunk, Exabeam, etc)
- Ability to identify and facilitate troubleshooting coding flaws
- Familiarity in log analysis and parsing of unstructured data (ETL) and related data pipelining tools
- Azure Data Engineer Associate / Cloud Processional Data Engineer Certification
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.