- Daily oversight and management of the Pharmacy Operations technician team. Monitoring work flows and adjusting workload and staffing requirements to ensure that all activities and phone calls are answered and addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform administrative tasks such as work hour scheduling, attendance monitoring and counseling, goal reviews, vacation request scheduling and overtime scheduling.
- Work proactively with the direct staff and internal functional groups to develop creative resolutions to challenging operational and functional issues to ensure the highest level of customer service for our patients.
- Meet periodically with direct reports to assess their performance and progress against goals. Responsible for writing and communicating quarterly and annual performance reviews. Conducts real-time evaluations of individuals' Customer Service Experience and pharmacy system skill sets and provides direct feedback.
- Identify and assign training needs on an individual basis to ensure individuals are appropriately trained. Provides continuing education to ensure performance at the highest level.
- Monitor adherence to all corporate, division and departmental procedures and policies as well as pharmacy law and HIPAA guidelines to achieve compliance in a dynamic quickly changing environment. Must recognize compliance shortfalls and work with peers and managers to develop and implement solutions.
- Review and provide status updates to Management staff on key performance metrics. Identify process improvements to increase operational efficiencies and develop action plans for execution.
- Develop appropriate functional area policies, procedures and work instructions. Identify process improvements to increase operational efficiencies and develop action plan for execution.
- Apply effective coaching and management techniques to maintain a highly motivated and interactive work staff.
- Collaboratively work with all functional areas to assure the highest level of customer service and seamless referral processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or business preferred. Comparable or relevant experience will be considered.
- Individuals must meet applicable Pharmacy Technician licensure and certification requirements by first day of their employment start date in accordance and compliance with the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act.
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable regulations and standards including HIPAA, Fraud and Abuse, and Pharmacy Law affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP).
- 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare industry with knowledge in call center operations. Reimbursement, billing, prior authorization, appeals, and pharmacy operations experience is highly desirable.
- Must have solid organizational and time management skills. Strong problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet associated timelines are required.
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Proven effectiveness in building and maintaining solid interactive professional and business relationships which positively impacts culture and reflects the AbbVie Leadership Attributes.
- Flexible work schedule provided; ability to work between the hours of 7am to 7pm.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced