Primary Job Function:
Responsible for creating the internal communications strategies and managing the execution of initiatives designed to meet the objectives of AbbVie’s U.S. Commercial Immunology Business.
The Director will be responsible for developing and executing strategic communication and engagement plans in support of core business priorities. He or she will partner with senior leaders and other key stakeholders to drive and integrate communication strategies across the business. The incumbent will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex, constantly changing environment. This person will bring their communication expertise to cross-functional teams and is expected to implement innovative communication initiatives, platforms and strategies. He or she will provide positive leadership and influences cultural alignment with the 1MMUNOLOGY Commitment.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Participation in strategic planning sessions and developing plans for a variety of internal communications programs and activities aligned with overall goals of the Division
- Oversee day-to-day overall site operations, including content development and editing, for executive presentations and internal communications
- Interfacing with various internal constituencies, including Public Affairs, marketing, regulatory, medical, and internal agency partners
- Liaise with multiple external agencies, freelancers and other consultants, interact with multiple layers of management, including division vice president
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are thoughtfully and successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders using a mix of multimedia
- Partner with Public Affairs and other employees tasked with communication responsibilities to ensure messages are delivered in a timely, relevant, targeted and effective manner
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums
- Strategically partner with IT to identify, leverage, and integrate technology that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications
- Oversee communications that support organizational change management efforts
- Strengthen and develop new strategies for using data and analytics to assess the effectiveness of communications and other major initiatives
- Use results of analytics to refine and improve ongoing tactics and/or to identify opportunities to implement new communication strategies.
- Provides communication training and coaching to internal business partners.
- Possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the development and execution of internal communications programs and activities, with an emphasis on writing for business and overall project management.
- Requires exemplary writing, verbal, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to effectively anticipate issues and prepare response when issues arise
- An understanding of health care and/or the pharmaceutical industry desired
- Position requires liaison with multiple external agencies and consultants, and budgetary management
- Experience in setting and managing budgets in a corporate environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; stellar stakeholder management skills
- Executive-level communication content development
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Excellent judgment and strong leadership presence
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field.
- Preferred Education: Masters of Business Administration is desirable, not required.
- 10 years of prior experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced