- SAS Programming: Demonstrated practical understanding of SAS programming concepts and techniques.Consistency: Review output to ensure internal consistency with other output for the activity (CSR, ISS, ISE, …)Standards: Follow all department and project standards.Validation of SAS Programs: Responsible for the accuracy of SAS programs by reviewing output, reviewing code, reviewing log files andrunning all checking utilities. Responsible for creating peer review programs for assigned studies.
- Archival of SAS Programs: Ensure all SAS programs are imported into the archive system prior to the creation of final output.
- Case Report Forms and Database Definitions: Ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency of case report forms (CRFs), database definitions,and specifications for analysis data sets for individual studies
- Database Quality Assurance: Ensure accuracy of database quality assurance checks and assess data accuracy and consistency. Developdatabase checks for routine situations.
- Derivation Programming: With supervision, responsible for the creation and accuracy of derivation programs for routine situations, includingpeer review.Submission Data Sets and Programs: With supervision, responsible for the creation and accuracy of submission data sets and analysisprograms for routine situations. Responsible for the creation of data definition documents and TOCs.
- Unix Utilities: Learn and maintain expertise in the use of the UNIX utilities developed for the Statistical Programmers. Participate in thedevelopment of new UNIX utilities.
- Process Improvements: Assist in the development of new processes and ensure all process improvements are implemented.SAS Macros: Learn and maintain expertise in the use of the SAS Macros developed for the Statistical Programmers. Participate in thedevelopment of new SAS Macros.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with others to develop quality CRFs, databases, reports, publications and regulatory submission.Client Interaction: Provide accurate and timely responses to routine requests from clients. Discuss with supervisor to ascertain appropriateunderstanding of non-routine requests.
- Training and Mentoring: Be compliant with training requirements. Effectively mentor statistical programming peers with regard to functionaloperations.Project Coordination: Coordinate the statistical programming activities for 0-2 early stage clinical projects in the same therapeutic area.
- Accountable for providing statistical programming support for reporting of clinical trials, in collaboration with other statistical programmers,statisticians, and data managers.
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field. OR BS in Statistics, Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of relevantexperience.
- Sound technical skills and communication ability, both oral and written. Competent in SAS programming.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Job Type: Experienced