As a Senior Director, Business Human Resources (BHR), you’ll be a trusted partner for a Senior VP leading a global organization of over 8,000 employees based across 27 manufacturing sites around the world. This role will play a pivotal position in delivering our HR strategy in line with the business strategic plan and develop the talent and culture necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie and our patients around the world. The Senior Director will manage a team of 4 Regional BHR Directors and an extended team of over 30 HR professionals globally. Reporting directly to the VP of Operations BHR.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Primary strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, strategic talent plans, needs assessments and resulting innovative HR solutions.
- Assist with the design and delivery of programs and initiatives to attract, retain and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Partnership with the leadership team to model AbbVie Culture and foster an environment where every employee is included, engaged, and inspired to contribute their best.
- Build relationships with business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Development and delivery of an effective communication & change management strategy to improve the intent and execution of business results.
- Ensuring the effective “delivery” of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establishes, builds and maintains positive relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, HR roles & responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Be the ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help lead the collective reputation of the HR organization as a whole.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years dynamic and meaningful experience in HR.
- Demonstrable skills in business insight, collaborating, analysis, project & change management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem solving.
- HR Experience across multiple organizations and sites
- Prior supervisory leadership experience with multiple levels of professionals desired.
- International experience and open to future global mobility preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting the business.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced