Act as the primary liaison between BTS (IT) and Discovery business partners leading customer engagement, collaboration, and issue resolution. Provide direct support to the Genomics Research Center (GRC)/Bioinformatics teams. Work directly with the GRC/Bioinformatics scientists to formulate IT solutions to business problems. Participate in the lifecycle of system implementation including idea creation, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and documentation. Collaborate with data scientists on requirements for developing visualizations and analytics. Responsible for development, maintenance, and enhancements of business applications.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executives standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified and precedents exist.
- Conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs, and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff. Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years technical experience, or Master's degree plus 4 years experience
- Experience in a Business System Analyst role.
- Bioinformatics experience
- Systems Testing experience required.
- IT Implementation experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Engineering experience.
- 3 or more years total combined experience required.
- Knowledge of genomic technologies, computational analysis and data integration
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced